• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I know it's only June but...

SchelT

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Nytro XTX 1.75
Hey all! Summer is in full swing and of course I'm dreaming of drifted over fields and trails. Point being, this coming winter season (2016) will be the first time riding my Nytro XTX 1.75. I've been told that normal trail riding is perfect for new motor break in. Hoping though to get some off trail powder experience as well. I will vary the throttle and limit my full bursts. Long warm up times from cold starts. Any advice from current Nytro owners? Oh and by the way it's 112 in PHX

IMO, theres not much motor break in needed for these motors. My nytro has been boosted since zero miles, and my break in was all off trail in the UP. I just made sure not to hold it wide open for more then about 10 seconds at a crack. It now has 3,000 miles on it, and i have yet to have a single issue with the sled(knocks on wood).

I agree, BUT I always wonder if when or why a manufacturer does not change the recs. But like said above I just kept full throttle blast short and gradually went longer. I think it was 150 to 200 miles before I held it more than a few seconds. May be over kill but it is what I did.

Back