• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I was told by a YAMAHA REP. STAY OFF THIS SITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex1958

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 Apex, 16 APEX LE
I am totally pissed, I have had belt issue with my sled from day one after 500 miles the belts would start slipping and I would hit the rev limiter. Went through 3 belts in 2200 miles dealer did his thing nothing wrong with the sled and has other people with the same problem. Let me say this there are many people without belt issues but those of us that ride a little harder than others are having problems. I brought this up to Yamaha they looked into it and decided that it is not enough of an issue to be addressed. Now I run the 8DN belt so to make a long story short my friend bought a 15 VIPER and while at the Yamaha Party at Snowdeo in Old Forge expressed his concerns over my belt issue because he rides with me. THE REP TOLD HIM TO TELL ME TO STAY OFF THIS SITE well apparently the people on this site are the only people that have belt issues. I hope the Rep. reads this because after 15 new Yamaha’s they may have just lost a customer. Also to add insult to injury the PARTY SUCKED and they left. When I change to a different manufacture so will my friends because we all stick together. I spent the money and had my driven clutch set up for the 8DN and hopefully all will be good. If Yamaha would just say we know some people are having issues and we are sorry but not enough people are complaining to have Yamaha do something, I could somewhat understand, but tell me to stay off this site I say YAMAHA GO @#$% yourself. Thanks for letting event and to the guys that helped with the fix thanks.

I have no reason to doubt anything you say but as a suggestion: don't you think a better approach might have been to contact MrSled in a PM and have him do a little inquiring before going off on the mfg. in a public forum? Could have been a guy just having a bad day (they happen). Even so an actual Yamaha rep stating something like that? Needs to go up the chain of command, not aired out in public and that's all.

No buddah I am sick in tired of the BS Yamaha Reps. give I am done they don't do anything except give lip service its not like the old days. I have been in this game along time and the new reps all know me and spent personal time socializing together. How many people on this site has heard from a rep say "that's the first I heard of this problem" that is the standard response. I have talked to upper management with the same lip service and I know the game but don't disrespect the people that try help other snowmobilers and if the rep which I know his name had a bad day then so be it, and the money I have spent with Yamaha and I don't get any satisfaction what do other folks have to look forward to when they have an issue. Don't forget I am not the only person that has this problem just the only person that speaks out against Yamaha. LETS FACE IT I DON'T NEED THEM THEY NEED ME AND ALL GOOD FOLKS OUT THERE BUYING SLEDS.

Not trying to stand up for the guy as he sounds like a tool but:

I think that the message he was trying to convey (quite poorly) was not to believe everything you hear on the web. What he probably did not realize was that TY is not just a free-for-all site where people come to complain. It’s more about people helping people overcome issues, and obstacles as well as making there Yamaha sleds better.

TD I would agree with you but they do read the site Iso I have been told by my local reps and I will get rimed by them for this. I will see them at least 3 or 4 time before the winter is done they know who I am. This site is the best and I have been on it for years and for the most part the info. here is good advice.

TD I would agree with you but they do read the site Iso I have been told by my local reps and I will get rimed by them for this. I will see them at least 3 or 4 time before the winter is done they know who I am. This site is the best and I have been on it for years and for the most part the info. here is good advice.

OK I was thinking way too general I guess. Did not catch the detail/context of the conversation.

Too bad you're so far away or I'd go with you and dish out some rimming (LE shock fiasco) of my own...

It is not a reps job to know these issues. I suspect he is like most of us that when we don't know we say something stupid rather than just shut up and say thanks for the info I will try to help. I keep trying to justify why Yamaha used the 8jp and keep coming up blank. Let's just blame that one on cat. Put the 8dn or aftermarket on and ride. Sorry that happened and hope you don't let one out of line person ruin your Yamaha experience.

It's a total lie if the rep stated there is no issue with the 8jp belt, at my local dealer I've talked with the mechanic some and he has stated that at the yamaha training school they have discussed the belt issues, they've compared the 8jp to the 8dn and have made it known to mechanics that the 8dn is a better belt. If the yamaha mechanics are being made known of this than there's no way the actual yamaha reps don't know about it.

I should state that I didn't have any 8jp issues, a lot of guys on here have stated they had issues a lot stated they didn't have issue, I think most of the people that didn't have issues were running some type of aftermarket clutch setup but that doesn't mean that would cure the problem because guys with clutch kits had issues as well. I can't personally say anything negative about the 8jp cuz it didn't give me issues, but obviously there's something wrong

I have no reason to doubt anything you say but as a suggestion: don't you think a better approach might have been to contact MrSled in a PM and have him do a little inquiring before going off on the mfg. in a public forum? Could have been a guy just having a bad day (they happen). Even so an actual Yamaha rep stating something like that? Needs to go up the chain of command, not aired out in public and that's all.

Why not air it publicly? A pm to a mod instead? LMAO! The manufactures and reps should be called out when the BS starts rolling. In this modern age, I would say that internet talk has a lot to do with changes and updates manufacturers put out. "That's the first we have heard of that problem" is the usual and typical response from all of the manufacturers even when the calls on that issue are coming in daily. Deny, deny until they have to address it. Make noise and call them out if you want a solution. Some are better than others. Unfortunately, Yamaha isn't up there on the list of moving swiftly. I didn't think belts were much of an issue, but since the Vipers are using the Yamaha clutching even though Cat is building them and using their own clutches on the Cat version, I would guess any belt issue decisions are in Yamahas court.
You really can't listen to reps at shows or in the sales dept obviously. If it's coming through the dealer channels and warranty networks, then it's time to make a stink.

at the spring sneak peek sled show i had a yamaha rep lie to my face. what a dick. asked how much does the viper weigh about. He said "i have no idea" aprox? " no idea"

about 10 minutes later i hear someone else ask the same and he gave him a idea how much it weight. Didnt know i was behind him. Dick. I would know if i saw him again. Tall guy.

so i never bought a viper. no getting my money.

Cat reps are always good to me at all the shows ive been to. when i spring checked my 7000 sled I got $300 jacket, $200 twin Milwaukee drill set, $300 credit for accessories and a nice black spring jacket

i wish there was pics of all the reps so i could pic the dick out. he sure thought he was hi and mighty
Personally my opinion to the facts stated about the REP not giving acknowledgment to a persons request or in other words cold shouldering the individual leads me to believe the REP in incompetant to his job for lack of knowledge about the product he is promoting or just plain hiding the truth.Definataly not a very trustworthy individual.If a company such as Yamaha cannot or will not respond and correct these issues being reported whether its a large scale or small would lead me to believe there quality control is definatlly not up to standards and should be addressed immediatlly otherwise consumer confidence with them is going to take a hard dive very quickly.This is a great site ,with very informative people who can help with great advice,do not let some panzy a-- sugar coating REP try to mislead lead you or bully you in the wrong direction,make the issue be well known so the problem is corrected and not just swept under the carpet.Keep in mind you have spent a large chunk of money on your sled and would expect better if not the best out of it. Make sure you get it,dont take any BS from these people.

I don't think the Yamaha party would be the most appropriate place to bring up any gripes you have with their sleds. It's a night for customer appreciation and they always put out a nice spread. Better time would have been at the Snodeo down on North Street, Reps would have been there Fri, Sat and Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back