• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idler gear

Rerhardt

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper
Hello all, wondering how concerned I should be.... 2015 viper I'm third owner and don't know much history, have gone though entire sled put 200 miles on it last year.... decided to put a new starter in this year just because of my ocd. Inspected the idler gear and noticed 2 teeth were chipped. I replaced the gear and dropped the oil pan, I fished 3 small pieces out, I'm sure that I did not get all of them but oil pan is clear of any. When this happened I wish I knew but how concerned should I be about the missing pieces..

Last edited:

Hello all, wondering how concerned I should be.... 2015 viper I'm third owner and don't know much history, have gone though entire sled put 200 miles on it last year.... decided to put a new starter in this year just because of my ocd. Inspected the idler gear and noticed 2 teeth were chipped. I replaced the gear and dropped the oil pan, I fished 3 small pieces out, I'm sure that I did not get all of them but oil pan is clear of any. When this happened I wish I knew but how concerned should I be about the missing pieces..
Did you pull the mag cover?

Yes, flywheel and stator all good, no broken pieces in that section, blew out with compressed air where I could not see or reach.
Not sure what that’s made out of but the magnet on the mag side is strong. Did you pull the flywheel? If so then all you can do is flush it with some cheap oil and run it.

Back