• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm Done.........

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
What a disappointing season. Seems like every time I buy a new sled we have a poor snowmobiling season. After looking at the upcoming forecast for the remainder of March I decided to start the rotation of toys early. On the upside I have virtually no maintenance to do on sleds this year other than getting them ready for the summer months. With the money saved this season I guess I can start thinking about possible mods for the Viper.

With the season officially over I'm now looking forward to spring brake in Panama City, Fl in a few weeks. It'll be nice to get out and ride instead of sitting around waiting for snow.

Last edited:

yep, I think I'm not too far behind you. Calling for thunderstorm tomorrow and well above freezing after that for the week I am away at work. Got a strong feeling that there won't be much to come back to after work, already put some seafoam in the tank just in case. I am still holding out for another snow storm, but getting ready for summer too.

The only decent riding I did this season was up North with some Canadians I met from the Niagara Falls area. I made two trips up and rode the Huntsville - Kearney Ontario area. I don't mind traveling to ride and I had a great time with the Canadians up there but driving 5-6 hrs to ride more than a couple times a season is a little to much.

I'd think a bad season like this must hurt sales for new 2017's.

Put in 220 miles on Saturday here in Michigan, trails were great! But its 63 today and its done.

Wish I could send some your way. Hasn't been above average here this winter for snowfall but still got more then out fair share. Figure there's another 2 weeks of riding left here unless it gets real warm if it stays where its at there'll be a longer season yet. Trying to work in the bush yet and wishing it would quit snowing. Snowing hard today again unfortunately. Making things harder for us logging that's for sure.

Drove 6 hrs to northern Maine to find snow this weekend. So did everyone else....but trails were awesome and uncrowded at 7:30 am.

Last edited:
The only decent riding I did this season was up North with some Canadians I met from the Niagara Falls area. I made two trips up and rode the Huntsville - Kearney Ontario area. I don't mind traveling to ride and I had a great time with the Canadians up there but driving 5-6 hrs to ride more than a couple times a season is a little to much.

I'd think a bad season like this must hurt sales for new 2017's.
should have come to Sudbury 45 minutes north of Killarney and there's tons of snow- just not much ice

The trail crosses through my back yard. Last season I rode 2-3 times a week out of my garage up to the end of March........ this year that never happened.

Wish I could send some your way. Hasn't been above average here this winter for snowfall but still got more then out fair share. Figure there's another 2 weeks of riding left here unless it gets real warm if it stays where its at there'll be a longer season yet. Trying to work in the bush yet and wishing it would quit snowing. Snowing hard today again unfortunately. Making things harder for us logging that's for sure.
What kind of logging are you doing grapple skidders,line skidders,processer?

I hear you about the crappy winter. I haven't been able to ride at all and it doesn't look good this week either. Highs in the 40's - 50's and rainy the rest of the week :o| It was 23 F one morning and raining, I've never seen a winter like this. When its cold and we have some precipitation come it comes from down south and the warm air from the south pushes out the cold air and it rains, and then it seems to get cold right after. Its been a real kick in the nuts.

Line skidder and loader is all that's in the bush right now. Should've had the cat up there too but there's only 10-20 cords left on the landing so its not worth bring it up to snow plow. Break up is also a uncertainty so were not cutting any more at the moment. Just a family operation that logs in the winter and saws lumber as well as farm in the summer.

I fell trees by hand and skid everything to the landing on my own while Mom and Dad cut everything to length on the landing and haul it home. Good timber and good conditions we can do a semi load a day. Conditions are anything but great right now though.

IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG
IMG_0786.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG Put on 105mi Saturday Lake riding.. Pretty boring but none the less its riding.. My buddy was buggn me to water skip a channel when when we left a tavern, soooo I did, 3 times, so did he an the last time he went down. A Doo.. Ha.. good thing it wasn't deep, he was able to hop on ice an grab the ski before it went down.. pulled the plugs, spit water out . plugs in an 30 pulls later she fired up..

And I thought those big x's on the side meant they floated cuz they are so light....sorry!:D

Be careful doing that. There was a guy that died this weekend in a pond that's only about 15 min from my house. His family has a camp on the pond and he went out at 2 AM for a ride and when he didn't come back they went looking for him and they followed his tracks up to where he went through. Very sad to see someone who was 31 years old die that way. BE CAREFUL.

Back