• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inline Trailer Floor Mat Options Needed

viper7mi

VIP Member
I have a three place inline trailer with ski guides and on both doors. The main deck is bare wood. Im looking for options to protect the floor from studs at low cost. Im considering adding another layer of wood down on the entire floor. Thanks

You said it. The low cost option would be another layer of wood between the guides. When they get chewed up its easy and cheap to replace.
I have been pricing new rubber mats for my buddy's trailer. So far the cheapest I found was $100 for a 4x4 sheet.
Another cheap option is to go to an industrial business where they use large reinforced rubber belts. Ask what they do with the belts they change out. You may get them for almost free.:dunno:

Viper 7.... don't over think this, the more stuff you put in there the harder it is to get the sleds out. I bought a trailer with mats and guides in from new. Every year I take some out. On most trailers today, the floor will just fail from water damage before you wear it out with studs. On a side note see where the water pools (from snow melt) and drill some holes there.
Mine was on the back corners. I just cough it too late. well now I have some air circulation, which isn't a bad thing .

My first enclosed trailer had a steal frame. Had it 12 years or so ....the floor was the only thing holding it together. Sold it for scrap.

I ran 2' strips of plywood up each row. 3 sheets will do the whole trailer (4-place) and minimize the weight of full sheets. 4 seasons now and they are cut up but will go at least another 4 seasons.

Also, for longer floor life, pressure wash the bottom (underside) one weekend and then spray the whole bottom with hydraulic oil using a garden sprayer the following weekend. Do it every couple years and it will never rot out.

I put rubber belting down the center of the entire trailer and doors with used sliders for traction, works great! I don't use anything for ski guides, those seem like more of a pain then actually helping. Paper mills, power plants, gravel pits etc use it and change it frequently. The bad part is that belting is snatched up as soon as its out in the open at those places! Its priced right.....free

Another option is to use an old snowmobile track. They offer great traction and I got a junk one from my dealer for free that they were going to throw away anyways.

I use rubber matting from Tractor Supply. You can cut it in half so you can get both sides in a 2 place done. Really rugged. No signs of wear after many times in and out over the last few yearts. I screwed it down with SS screws with washers on the outer edges/

Back