• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Insurance prices??

1simpleton

Country
USA
Snowmobile
xtx
My wife and I pulled the trigger on a pair of new Viper XTX's and were disapointed into what we are being charged for full coverage type insurance ($850.00) per sled from our agent, the main reasoning is they are rating us by "CC" and not understanding these are 4 stroke machine nt a 2 stroke design.
Is this the going rate for what others are paying and if not can you tell us what you are getting charged and through who??

Liberty Mutual, $90/year full coverage, $250 deductibles. I've been paying this since my apex was new and the rates haven't changed in the last 5 years. My new 2014 can-am 1000 XT-P Max ATV is a little more than this but not much (around $150 for the same coverage for the year). Liberty Mutual was the cheapest (by far) for ATV's/snowmobile insurance I found and that is a big reason why they are my insurer. They are competitive with home and vehicle but I save a lot with the toys.

My wife and I pulled the trigger on a pair of new Viper XTX's and were disappointed into what we are being charged for full coverage type insurance ($850.00) per sled from our agent, the main reasoning is they are rating us by "CC" and not understanding these are 4 stroke machine nt a 2 stroke design.
Is this the going rate for what others are paying and if not can you tell us what you are getting charged and through who??

Don't try to compare your rates to someone who buys their insurance in another state, who has different amounts of coverage, who is a different age or has a different credit history or driving record. In other words, there's a ton of variables and unless yours are exactly the same as the next guys you're comparing apples to bananas. ****You should add your city and state to your profile...

Don't try to compare your rates to someone who buys their insurance in another state, who has different amounts of coverage, who is a different age or has a different credit history or driving record. In other words, there's a ton of variables and unless yours are exactly the same as the next guys you're comparing apples to bananas. ****You should add your city and state to your profile...

Right on :) Good point!!

Allstate was the cheapest around $180 for my 2012 Nytro XTX.

You need to shop around. Insurance is a funny business. Not all companies want to insure toys but will for big money.

I am with Allstate and have a turbo XTX insured for $30,000, a 2015 Pro S 800 and a 2013 Pro R 800 with $500 deductible for $683 per year.

I got a question on my stated amount for insurance, so I wanted to clarify after checking my latest policy documents. Good credit and a flawless (zero tickets, acc., etc.) driving record play into it. My yearly premium is $89 with $200 coll./comp. deductibles and 100k/300k/25k (prop dam) coverage. My Quad though is more than I remembered at $225/year for the same coverage but that makes sense as the riding season is all year long and it is a much more expensive machine (msrp around $15k). I'm 32 years old and have home, 3 vehicles, quad, sled, and umbrella policy with liberty mutual.

I pay about 225 as an add on to my home owners policy w/stated value of 12,500

I'm at $260 for the year with state farm on my apex. $500 deductible 100/300. They wouldn't just insure a snowmobile though I had to have another policy too.

I'm 220 yr for liability. I was quoted 750 for full coverage with 1000 deductibles. That's also what my brother got quoted when he picked up his f800 a few weeks ago.

Allstate - My 2014XTX now deceased (collapsed riser pinned throttle to tank and the rest is history) was 240.00/yr. My replacement 2015 XTX is 267.00 (the plus 27.00 was for sled value, not a result of the payout). In NH Allstate uses the same coverage numbers you have on your car 100/300/50 100.00 ded.

Paid 11,100 for the 2014 and got 13,600 for it totaled. It is the first sled that I have ever had a claim on but always saw the value figuring injury or someone else's sled/property. So this year it was a phenomenal value.

My 2009 NytroXTX is 160.00/yr - same coverage
My 2007 Phazer GT is 107.00 this year - same coverage

Back