• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is this safe to use

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
i think I know the answer but thought I would ask. While checking over my secondary on my rx1 today I found this small crack where the button sits. Can I still use the clutch.

where's the crack? i see the casting marks and a scratch. are you referring to the line going down from the plastic button?

Yep. From the corner. Trust me it's a crack. Not sure why it would crack there. Wouldn't think there would be much stress in that area

Last edited:
I would likely replace it as soon as feasible. Luckily you can get used secondary clutches pretty cheap on here. It would likely stay together for a while, but it could go at any time. Curious why it cracked there. The forces just aren't that great right there.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Yeah there are some good prices on clutches here but Things add up real quick when you are from north of the border. Dam shipping and exchange rate.

i have 2 secondarys that cracked there in my garage. my theory on it is too sudden a transfer from hard on the gas to hard on the brake. youngest brother did that to both of the clutches riding like that. we converted him to a roller set-up and he has had no problems since. clutch works off of any sx sled too after you change over helix and spring. both happened on rx war sleds off trail (we think) at the time.

Last edited:
I was wondering about them slamming shut like they can do. My Attak does that especially off-trail. My SX Viper has a roller so it doesn't do it either.

Good to know. I don't think I drive like that, hell, I barley use my brakes when ribing the trails. I let the engine do the braking. But I'm sure it has happened, I just wasn't aware of it. Either way it sucks

Friend has an RX1 that he just replaced secondary because all three where broken off. Just going to get worse. Replace!

Back