• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

JRE spindles or Mountaintech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in Maine? I'm headed up to millinocket in 2 weeks. Gonna debut a set of mountaintech 41" a arms. How were the trails?

Eustis Maine . Your going up north a bit more . The trails to the south of where we go were good . Lots of top speed runs 85 90 MPH. not a problem . Looks like they got more snow up there . Listen go to Maine web cams . I think twin pine camp. You can see what they have for snow .

I have the Mountain Tech arms, very happy with them, have no experience with the spindles.

The key to improving the Nytro's handling on the front end is to move the spindles forward a certain amount with proper A arm geometry. On the Mtn kit 3" and the trail kit 2". Good to be able to read feed back like this. These arms are built personally by me and I am able to keep the price low because of low overhead. Spring pricing has remained in effect so these are the most rugged arms at the best pricing in the US. I remain commited to building parts for Yamahas exclusively.

I have the Star relocate on my 2010 RTX SE. Which moved the 121" suspension back 4" utilizing a 128" track. If I put the Mountaintech trail kit arms on will I see enough of an improvement to justify the cost? The sled handles flat now with the relocate. The front end is definitely heavier. I would think if you move the spindles forward by 2" it would have more leverage in balancing the weight of the sled! Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back