• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

jump packs?

terret725

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
any one carrying jump packs with them for those just in case moments? i want to get one but all the ones ive found are too big. only one ive found that is a reasonable size hooks up threw a lighter socket and my sled doesnt have one. heres the link
http://chinafamous.en.alibaba.com/produ ... umper.html

is there anything else out there? what are u guys using if u are using anything at all.

so add a outlet. its not hard and can be used for other things too.

in a pinch you could probable wrap the clutch with a rope to start it if its warm.

I seen jumper cable that just hook up to another sleds headlight plug if all your riding buddies are pull start

well its not a direct draw u let it sit for like 15 mins then start it. i was lookin for somthing more of the lines of having some clips and about the same size so i could just clip right to the battery. im not bad with wiring i could possible just modifie the pack to clip on or make some kind of plug thats hooked right up to the battery and just plug it into that. its just like another 55 bucks for the 12v plug .

On my bike, I wanted a 12 volt outlet for a fuzz buster, I bought a 12v extention cord, cut off one end and wired it direct to the battery and left it curled up under the seat when not in use

You may be able to remove the battery and put it in one of the other sleds to charge it back up. If you go off a headlight jump, you may want to consider removing the cables before attempting to start. Kind of a fail-safe method, eh?

well jumping it off another electric start is pretty much out of teh question seeing how none of my buddies have them. as for the chargin with the head light the kid i mostly ride with is weird about his stuff and im sure hed never alow me to do it. he be afraid of it messin somthing up. thats kinda why i wanted to go with a small compack jump pack like the one i found and be able to just plug it in and let the sled sit for 10 mins and then start it.

Back