• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping Ship...

sharky007

Extreme
Well I Spring ordered a new sled, 2016 Ski Doo 800 XRS. I love my 09 Nytro RTX and it's been a rock solid sled and never had an issue since new. I did try a buddies Viper last season but I didn't really care for it and it looks like no more Nytro coming any time soon. I am looking forward to a lighter sled but will miss that great 4 stroke motor.

Last edited:

Good luck I'm sure you will be happy with the XRS, but your right you will miss the 4 stroke torque!!

Pete

Looks like a great sled hope you enjoy. I had a chance to ride a renegade free ride and loved it as well.
Have fun

Sure hate to trade a good hunting dog for a pup that eats alot, good luck

They are a good mount, but new sleds are coming this season and apex replacement the following. Hope you enjoy the doo.

Ya I got the 3 year warranty, I won't be keeping it longer then that !!! I have a 05 500ss and it blew last season. But at least I know how to rebuild them now....lol

On the brite side side you won't have to worry about replacing your ball joints every other year,hand grips that dont get warm,exhaust donuts,a arm bushings,and spending tons of money on suspension to get it to handle like the doo.

Enjoy
I have had 3 Doos never blew one, I did a Poo but in reality that was my fault. They all make good sleds now, hope you have good dealer support and no need for them.

I would ride that sled any day. Have fun while you have it. Some of the best judges of snowmobile quality have ridden them all. It's a better color combo than the previous year's happy meal!!

One of my friends has last years 800 and I did ride it a couple times. Hands down it's a better riding sled than the Nytro. It should be I bet it weighs 100lbs less. Power wise it almost feels like a 4 stroke. It has tons of low end power. You're not going to miss the torque your Nytro has because the 800 Doo has about 20 more ft lbs of it. Not to mention the additional 20 hp. You should see about 15 mpg with the Doo. The only downside to the sled is How long will it last? I'm sick of working on sleds so I bought a Nytro last year. I just want to get on it and ride.

I would hate to see the ratio of sleds sold compared to engines that bail in the first 5000 miles for Doo. It's probably not that bad of a number at all. I think when someone has catastrophic engine failure, word just gets around quickly. It's something any sledder fears at is pretty much shuts down their season.

You got years of warranty, as others have said, if you have a good dealer close buy, you should be taken care of either way. I may even venture to say you might get better mileage than that. But We only have 600 Etecs in our group. Those engines get far better mileage than any Yamaha I have owned. I don't think I would be buying an 800 XRS for mileage though! Enjoy!

Very nice sled Im sure you will enjoy it. On the other hand if Yamaha doesnt wake up and start producing some up dated sleds Iam jumping ship to doo as well however, be it the 1200 motor. In fairness Iam looking a year or two down the road but not thrilled with the 2016 line up Yamaha put out. Really thought they wouldve done more.

Back