• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

K&N Filter cleaning

MatthewW14

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX converted to XTX
Hey,

I have a 2010 Nytro xtx with the K&N filter kit on it. It also has the K&N filters on the vent lines. Just wondering what people have used to clean them, both the intake filters and the vent line ones?

I looked at the K&N site but most of the cleaners seem to be for the foam filters unless I am missing something..

Thanks

a bucket with warm water and DAWN soap. let sit a while and swich around, rinse good and dry, then re=oil, clean as new.....

a bucket with warm water and DAWN soap. let sit a while and swich around, rinse good and dry, then re=oil, clean as new.....

Yep.
Same method I use on my carbed sport bike (4 pods).

One thing I do when re-oiling is to hold upside down with 2 fingers and spray downward, not getting oil inside the rubber end.
DON'T over tighten the screw clamp, filter has a tendency to pop off- just feeling it to being snug is fine.

Whats the benefits of the kn filter? Do you need exhaust ,other mods ect. Does the air box get removed to use the kn filters?

Back