• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kimpex Idler Wheels

I run 4 of these wheels in my skid. They work fine. The bearing is good enough for one season. I ran studs on my old track with 2 per bar down the middle and had to replace the two inner wheels this spring cause there were chunks coming off the wheel. Not sure if the slightly increased diameter put more pressure on the wheel and the stud backing chips the wheel? But they needed to be replaced.

Ms

Not worth it. I bought a set and the bearings are good for only one season, even if regreased. I have also had chunks go on one too. I don't think that the extra pressure has anything to do with it as I also have Excel wheels on another sled with the same size.

You're better off buying the Excels. Better quality and better NTN bearings. Only problem is the low Canadian dollar making them more expensive unless you find a Canadian supplier at the same price.

I was quoted $300 for 6 X wheels, that's after shipping and exchange.

I was looking closer at my wheels on my nytro and on the bearing seal reads koyo 6005 Japan, however the o.d of the wheel is 130mm. They are solid black though, not yamaha. I think the cheapest route would be new 6005 bearings.

Unless you've been having slider wear issues, just stick with your 130mm wheels and put some new bearings. Definitely the cheapest way to go. There's also the Yamaha accessory wheels. They look nice, have replaceable bearings and are just $30.

Forgot that our dollar has been crapping out lately. That would sure make a difference in price. If you need the bigger wheels, the Kimpex should be OK but just plan on replacing the bearings next year.

The last two winters I have not noticed abnormal slide wear. Last winter we had 7+ feet of snow here, so slide wear was minimal!
I started running the ice scratchers that yamaha sells that mount to the sway bar end links for when I might need them. The wheels are in great shape and seem to be holding up nicely so 6005 bearings is what I'll do.

I bought a MBRP trail slip on muffler and saved $88, had to buy something @25% off and free shipping

My outer two kimpex wheels have two seasons on them and are running fine. They have definitely helped slider wear. They seem to keep the grinding down to a minimum.
MS

Back