• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

KLIM Gear condition after 3 years

Yama 1000

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper LTX DX
Three years ago I bought all new Klim gear. I bought new bibs,jacket,boots,gloves and a mid-layer top and bottom. I have been happy with the gear until this year after my second ride of the year when I noticed my bibs had a wear hole in them in two different spots. I also noticed my gloves had wear holes in them. So I filled out the warranty info on Klim's web site and sent pictures. Klim responded today saying they would not warranty my bibs but they could fix them for $130.00. I have a hard time believing that a $350.00 pair of bibs normally wear out after two seasons of riding. Next year I will be replacing my gear with new gear and it will not be Klim. I posted this to share my experience with klim gear.

Three years ago I bought all new Klim gear. I bought new bibs,jacket,boots,gloves and a mid-layer top and bottom. I have been happy with the gear until this year after my second ride of the year when I noticed my bibs had a wear hole in them in two different spots. I also noticed my gloves had wear holes in them. So I filled out the warranty info on Klim's web site and sent pictures. Klim responded today saying they would not warranty my bibs but they could fix them for $130.00. I have a hard time believing that a $350.00 pair of bibs normally wear out after two seasons of riding. Next year I will be replacing my gear with new gear and it will not be Klim. I posted this to share my experience with klim gear.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me...will be in Motorfist gear in the next couple of weeks!

I have had the same Castle jacket since 2008! Things still rocks and is very warm. Zipper went last year, Castle sent me a free one. A tailor put it in for me for $30. Rest of my gear is ski doo, stuff rocks and lasts like Castle gear. Just my .02 cents

Hmmmm....
After 4 years with my free ride pants they started to leak , I sent them back and they sent me new ones .... My boots the eyelet pulled out so I sent them back and again they sent me new ones , that was this summer and the boots where 3 years old ...... So I have had good luck with Klim and been using it for 10 years now ......

I have to agree w the Choko gear. I bought a Choko suit 10 yrs ago and used it for sledding for the next 7 yrs! Warm, but eventually will allow water after prolonged, wet outings. However, I still use those jacket, pants and gloves for plowing on my wheeler and general outdoor use...it's become my "work" gear in winter. I bought the a Klim suit and Togwatee gloves 3 yrs ago and havent had any issues, but only use it 3-4 times a winter. But for the huge price difference, Id have no issues w going to the Choko gear again in the future. Waaay cheaper, matching warmth and MUCH easier and faster to slip on the bib and close the jacket. Klim can make great gear...but foe the money, is highly overrated imo

My Klim gear is the best snowmobile gear I have ever worn ...the bibs just wore a bunch of holes in the crotch area (I have owned 5 other brands of bibs which never wore like this but they all leaked). I paid big $$ for gear that I thought would be backed by the company and wasn't! They need to find a tougher material to go in areas of high wear and for the price stand buy their product. I sent my bibs to the Canadian Klim centre in Calgary and they sent them back saying they couldn't determine if they were leaking or not...they then offered me a 15% discount on a new pair of bibs. They finely started leaking this year because of the wear on the seam so Motorfist Recon Black Stealth it is. I believe the rough side panel section of the Nytro seat is what did my Klims in but again 3000 miles on my last pair of Arctiva bibs didn't show any wear in that area!

Last edited:
Wow. I was gonna buy the whole Klim outfit being I just got back into sleeding after a long break. I guess I will stick to my good old heavy leather gear I bought in 98 that has zero wear. Its bulky, heavy, and isnt todays "IN" fasion but, its warmer than hell. That bums me out as I was looking forward to the lighter Klim gear.

I'm on my third year with 10,000 km with my suit and there is not one flaw. The Palm of my gloves tore last year but they were replaced by Klim. I haven't been easy on it either. That's boots, bib, jacket, gloves and balaclava.

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 167
I have a pair of Klim Klimate bibs that are worn in the exact same spot. Not quite as bad as yours though - but I'm going on my 3rd season with them.

In my 5th season, over 8000mi with my Motorfist gear, extremely happy, the gear is flawless. Gloves, I go through 2-3 pair a season no matter what brand..

Just my opinion, but I don't think there is anything better than klim. Nicest products in the market. I've been wearing klim bibs coats gloves and helmets for years with no problems. Just started using their new goggles and backpack (no storage on these nytros)

Upei93 my wear marks are in the same spots as yours in the pictures. Did you put a warranty claim in to Klim ? I spoke with a manager today and she claims mine is the only warranty claim with wear marks like yours and mine.

Back