• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Latest Trail Tank

GrizzlyNytro

Veteran
Has anyone installed the latest version of the trail tank? If so what are the differences? I've heard the trail tanks are hard to fit in, make if difficult to get at spark plugs, no heat shield etc. can anyone put to rest for me they've worked the issues out? I ride a 08 RTX anniversary edition... Mods are upper ball joints, grizz gussets, grizz steering relocate, mountain tech full skid plate etc. any help or advice on this would be great!!! Thanks in advance.

I installed one last spring. It fits pretty tight but it is good look. I used a ratchet strap to help pull it forward to make it onto the tunnel studs. The longer dzuk fasteners help secure the body plastics. I'm pretty sure mine had heat tape applied to it and I know the existing tunnel heat shield stayed in place. I'm a pretty picky dude on looks and I can't really tell it's there from a few feet away, I'm happy to have a few extra gallons for this year. Getting pulled to the gas station by a ski-doo is demoralizing!

Mine dropped right in. I had to adjust it forward to get the fasteners to align. Also bought one longer days fastener to get the panel fastened. Also took the advise of others and used permatex with both the stock gasket and the one provided by trail tank fastened down with stainless bolts.

I have one ready to go into my 08 RTX. Can't coment on the fit yet but I know it has heat shield tape on the bottom.

I just put mine in and it was easy enough to get on there. I only used the new gaskets that came with the tank so hopefully it doesn't leak, haven't tryed filling it yet. My issue is that the new tank only came with one new set of dzus fasteners - where do they go? On the side plastics or the middle one with windshield? I can't get either of them started with the stock dzus fasteners and can tell by looking into them that they would never be long enough to catch. The ones on the side panels line up perfect, was anyone able to get the stoke dzus fasteners on the side panels started? Why wouldn't the tank just come with two new longer sets - guess I'll start trying to track down a pair.. :0

I just put mine in and it was easy enough to get on there. I only used the new gaskets that came with the tank so hopefully it doesn't leak, haven't tryed filling it yet. My issue is that the new tank only came with one new set of dzus fasteners - where do they go? On the side plastics or the middle one with windshield? I can't get either of them started with the stock dzus fasteners and can tell by looking into them that they would never be long enough to catch. The ones on the side panels line up perfect, was anyone able to get the stoke dzus fasteners on the side panels started? Why wouldn't the tank just come with two new longer sets - guess I'll start trying to track down a pair.. :0

I was lucky enough to only need one larger dzus fastener. $11+ later from the dealer and all is good. I used the longer fasteners provided by Seth on the lower part of the hood where the side windscreens attach. The longer dzus I bought was used on the top one, which is a bit shorter than the ones Seth provided.

I installed a new one last year and it was very tight getting it in. I had issues later with leaking, but called Seth and sent pictures and he sent me a new tank. That tank fell into place without any struggles like the first one. The Dzus that come with the tank are hard to get in the first few times I used a screwdriver as it was easier to get them in.Carried a stubby screwdriver with me in case I needed on the trail. Love the trail tank and the extra miles it provides.

Pete

I installed a new one last year and it was very tight getting it in. I had issues later with leaking, but called Seth and sent pictures and he sent me a new tank. That tank fell into place without any struggles like the first one. The Dzus that come with the tank are hard to get in the first few times I used a screwdriver as it was easier to get them in.Carried a stubby screwdriver with me in case I needed on the trail. Love the trail tank and the extra miles it provides.

Pete

Can any of you post pics for me? I Would love to see what it looks like, I'm skeptical about what it will look like leaving the factory panels off.

What you do is trim the 'centre consol factory peice', just leave a small edge that you finish with an automotive trim that you can get at cdn tire. Looks good. In fact it looks factory, no one can tell. That tank was a game changer for my Nytro. The difference in range is huge. Its a bummer you cant get to the plugs easily, but fortunately the plugs in these engines dont need to be changed very often. Definity get the longer dzus fasteners.
MS

I just installed my new trail tank last night, everything went in like a piece of cake( I mean simple) and everything lines up perfect but the stock dzus fasteners are to short. The 2 that came withg it are perfect but it would be nice to just put longer ones in all the holes, where can I get those things?

I just installed my new trail tank last night, everything went in like a piece of cake( I mean simple) and everything lines up perfect but the stock dzus fasteners are to short. The 2 that came withg it are perfect but it would be nice to just put longer ones in all the holes, where can I get those things?

Congrats on it fitting good... How is the spark plug accessibility with the new tank?

Search out Grizztracks on here. I'm sure he has a solution for the dzus fasteners. He's got a solution for everything and extremely helpful with any questions.

Congrats on it fitting good... How is the spark plug accessibility with the new tank?

Search out Grizztracks on here. I'm sure he has a solution for the dzus fasteners. He's got a solution for everything and extremely helpful with any questions.
If I remember there was a good 1" to 1.5" but would have to check. Didn't even look like you have to move the coil wires.

Update: got around to finishing tt install, was able to get all stock fasteners on w a little pressure from pliers. no leaks yet with just the new gaskets. Everything lines up nice. Good product. Going to trim the center plastic for the OEM look.

Back