• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Latest Trail Tank

A few more projects on the skid and I'll add fuel to the new TT. I'm sure it will be fine. So many more comments on the positive side regarding leaks. Just overly cautious I guess.

Mine was fine all last season. Until the last ride of the year. Then it started leaking.

Just keep an eye on it.

I only put in the gaskets that came with the trail tank, never heard of double gasketing anything, I would imagine 2 gaskets together is going to leak.

We will see. It was what Seth recommended last spring when there were so many leaky tank comments. Why is the TT gasket so much different from the stock One? Aargh, I hate the idea this could be all wrong. I get the idea that double gaskets is a bad idea, especially with the oil filter under pressure... Hmmm, got the wheels turning

We will see. It was what Seth recommended last spring when there were so many leaky tank comments. Why is the TT gasket so much different from the stock One? Aargh, I hate the idea this could be all wrong. I get the idea that double gaskets is a bad idea, especially with the oil filter under pressure... Hmmm, got the wheels turning
Yeah that's the first thing that came to mind was a oil filter being double gasketed, no good. I put just the gaskets on that came with the tank, it's full of gas now seems fine.

Done, took off the TT supplied gasket. I used some permatex so that with the stock gasket it should be perfect. I can tell that the fit feels better, factory fit. I'm feeling better about it too. Good catch twist grip. Love this site:rocks:

Mine has been sitting full all summer in a relatively temp stable basement with the TT gasket and permatex. It's in a second home about 1hr north of me and I haven't seen it since spring. Fingers crossed that it's dry/no leaks. I made the permatex fix per Seth in the spring.

Back