• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED Headlights

Anyone know where to get LED headlights for a Yamaha Attak, the cheapest source of course.
Thanks

Pretty much any LED light you get won't really help, without it aimed properly. LED lights don't really have a (pencil beam) they kind of spread light all over. Like the cars with led lights have special lens to aim them properly. There are a few led lights that aim a little better, but more so all over. Look at polaris and there led light. You can't even see a bulb. All you really see is a circuit board. Not saying there aren't any. But might not give you the light you would expect. Where as You can put a HID light in, but there kind of spendy, 150 plus I'm sure.

Thank you for that. I will look into the HID light instead, do not know if I want to spend that kind of money on 2 lights though.

Ya, I hear ya. They can get up there. There awesome and you see a lot more. But there is that money thing. There is also a lot of cheap HID kits that you want to stay away from!! Trust me on that! If your not paying at least 150 for them they won't last! Lot of imitation hid lights out there! I have had really good luck with them and only use one guy. But not a vendor for TY so I won't say who it is. Have you tried a higher watt light?

HID's are awesome and worth every penny. Buy them from Rockmeister. He is a Member here! Lights are tested and plug and play. He won't sell ya junk and he won't rip ya off, or buy them off E-Bay and take your chances!

HID's are awesome and worth every penny. Buy them from Rockmeister. He is a Member here! Lights are tested and plug and play. He won't sell ya junk and he won't rip ya off, or buy them off E-Bay and take your chances!

Oh I know, I wasn't saying that at all! I just use a different person. Have used his stuff for many years! And I like the 6000k way better than the 4300 that Rock uses. And I won't use slim ballast either. But tons of people on here use his lights.

rock will stand behind his 100% i have seen many posts where the problem was not his fault and he still made good. the suport from rock is second to none. I personaly have had a problem i caused with my yamaheater on my 07 and he hooked me up with a fix at his own expense. i did not get my hids from him as i was tring to get them on the cheap and so far so good two seasons but the other factor is the quality Most Hids are plastic housed and with the 3 cyl engine they vibrate someting terrible not so bad on the apex. Rock orders bulbs with a metal housing and tighter tolarences for the high low plunger so you do get what you pay for.

rock will stand behind his 100% i have seen many posts where the problem was not his fault and he still made good. the suport from rock is second to none. I personaly have had a problem i caused with my yamaheater on my 07 and he hooked me up with a fix at his own expense. i did not get my hids from him as i was tring to get them on the cheap and so far so good two seasons but the other factor is the quality Most Hids are plastic housed and with the 3 cyl engine they vibrate someting terrible not so bad on the apex. Rock orders bulbs with a metal housing and tighter tolarences for the high low plunger so you do get what you pay for.

Ya HID lights you dont want to go the cheap route!!! I feel the same way about the guy i get my lights from! Its cool to have people like that to work with!!! A light goes out make a call in the mail at my door the next day! Awesome, except the viper sucks to change the lights! Have not had to do that so im happy about that! I have never changed a light in any of my sleds! Had hid in my 2010 Nytro, 2010 Vector, 2011 Nytro, 2014 Viper. no issues! But once you have HID lights you will never want to ride without them!

;)!
Ya HID lights you dont want to go the cheap route!!! I feel the same way about the guy i get my lights from! Its cool to have people like that to work with!!! A light goes out make a call in the mail at my door the next day! Awesome, except the viper sucks to change the lights! Have not had to do that so im happy about that! I have never changed a light in any of my sleds! Had hid in my 2010 Nytro, 2010 Vector, 2011 Nytro, 2014 Viper. no issues! But once you have HID lights you will never want to ride without them!
agreed!!

After having one kit from Yamaheater and two kits from Rock, HID's are worth the money. Don't fall into the thought that higher numbers are better either. 4300k is the temp to go with as the color of the light is perfect for running on snow. Check out some of the test results. Or PM Rock for his opinion on those lamps.

Good luck!

After having one kit from Yamaheater and two kits from Rock, HID's are worth the money. Don't fall into the thought that higher numbers are better either. 4300k is the temp to go with as the color of the light is perfect for running on snow. Check out some of the test results. Or PM Rock for his opinion on those lamps.

Good luck!

Lol...ya the color is all up to the rider, I think 4300 is just a little better than stock. I run 6000k and I like the bright white light! The reason 4300 is better in the snow dust is because 4300 doesn't have as much light as 6000k light. Bit 6000K light is much brighter and will light up a lot more. But to each is own!

Lol...ya the color is all up to the rider, I think 4300 is just a little better than stock. I run 6000k and I like the bright white light! The reason 4300 is better in the snow dust is because 4300 doesn't have as much light as 6000k light. Bit 6000K light is much brighter and will light up a lot more. But to each is own!
You are correct it is an opinion thing, and that is why there are so many options out there. I'm not sure what you meant by "is just a little better than stock"

Do you mean color or brightness? As far as brightness goes, there is no comparison between these and stock! They are worlds apart for brightness.

You are correct it is an opinion thing, and that is why there are so many options out there. I'm not sure what you meant by "is just a little better than stock"

Do you mean color or brightness? As far as brightness goes, there is no comparison between these and stock! They are worlds apart for brightness.

I meant in color, more of a yellowish white, for the 4300 vs. bright white with a blueish tint. But For sure there brighter than stock! But it's all in what you like and your used too. I have HID lights on every thing I own. So I'm used to the 6000k light. So that's what I like. But there are different choices and that's a good thing!! What works for one might not work for the other.....

Rocks HID kits are awesome! I have one and it was the best money spent. My riding friends tell me that it doesnt matter if I ride in front of them or behind, that they can see better with my lights. Rock tests and benchmarks all of his components for his HID lamp kits. So he is not out there buying ballasts that are the cheapest one he can find. Plus, he has the best customer service out there. G.B.

Color is your own preference and the difference between 6,000 and 4,300 is color not brightness. I have both the 6,000 and 4,300 and the 6,000 is more blue on the scale 4,300 is white and the 3,500 is yellowish. I like the white better for showing shadows on the white snow. How you perceive that light is your eyes, your brain, your preference. Most prefer 43 to 47,000K for snow because it shows the dips and rises better. Most prefer 6,000 to 6,500 for summer pavement because it contrasts better with the black. I love the 3,500K bulbs in my old car mostly for the nostalgic look and they light up the highway signs miles down the road! 40 year old Lucas Carello's halogens are awesome!

Back