• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lessons learned

Country
USA
Snowmobile
05 vector,94 vmax,92 indy, 95 jag deluxe
looking for pictures and or stories of your lessons learned. I don't have a pic of it but mine was riding the 94 vmax across the fields behind the house, hopping snow drifts when I found the drainage ditch at a guessed speed of 50-60. Hit the culvert dead center of the sled flew #*$&@ over tea kettle with no injury, now I ride the 2miles to the state trail.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:,was thinking more about sledding,but whatever lesson you want to share. I'm still laughing.

Yes,lessons learned.lol I'm still laughing.thanks

That was good, started chuckling in the middle of a phone call.

Posted this in another thread but this was my earliest lesson. My first sled was a station wagon (97 Venture) and I knew nothing about setting up the steering or suspension, just rode it the way I bought it with a studded long track and tiny 4" carbides up front . Going down a hard packed road with a group of friends and they all took a corner going about 40mph but I went off on a tangent...literally. Over the snow bank and through the woods, almost to Grandma's house before old Blue tried to climb a tree but by that time I had fallen off. No injuries to me and just bent a ski but scared the crap out of me! I think that's when I joined TY and started learning about how to improve handling and what all the straps and springy things do.

Tree.jpg

I slow way down at night and pull over so oncoming sleds can go by for now on

In 1984 I flipped over a 3 wheeler on a snow drift and got pretty scraped up. Since then I've always tried my best to not drive faster than my abilities, the conditions, or the limits of my machine. I'm working hard to make sure my kids understand how to ride safe. I'll admit that riding the public trails scares me sometimes. I really hate meeting people who are riding 50 around a corner. I see them hit the brakes but it always scares me nonetheless.

OKAY
1. don't ride at 2 am alone on trails that are not quite frozen yet

Photo_013006_001.jpg

2. Don' Ride Alone out West on a short track

Stuck Again.jpg

3. Don't let wife call you pussy and try to jump 4' wide revine on a 600 - its worse than it looks

Front view.JPG

Don't worry I have a lot more!!! but I will let these soak in for a while

Back