• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"Let me ask my wife"

Ever notice that most women dont have hobbies?Does make it hard to justify being gone if trails are open or spending more on sled than a car!The snow widows sit home taking care of kids when they arent riding with us.Personally I would like to thank them for understanding most times.Those that dont well if you had the bug before its what they married so shouldnt expect it to go away.

My wife knows the season is short and doesn't care how much I go , but I got lucky and married a good one ! REAL LUCKY !! :-o

Wife and kids love to ride .......so I don't say anything if I want to ride by myself....usually they are mad when I get back but o-well.....my daughter is 8 and rides by herself on a doo 380 f she has been riding since she was 3 on a xc120.... I ran next to it kicking the ski to turn it for a few years....

We used to have a group of 14 now we are down to 4 hardcore riders, we are all approaching 50 or in low 50s and have been riding together for over 25 years, most of our wifes let us go riding without a problem, mine is great ,she knows winter is short ,she also rides a couple times a year, and now my kids have there own older yamahas to ride, so they like to go. it sucks getting older, I think alot about the old group and the riding 2-3 nights a week till 2 in the morning and then go to work, . Im glad I rode alot with the buddies in my 20s 30s and 40s because it is getting harder to get anyone together. :jump: LIFES SHORT RIDE HARD

Red Dog, maybe that is just an excuse not to go with you....LOL. Just kidding, but maybe you are reading too much into the statement"gotta ask the wife". I say that often, but it is not for permission, but rather the fact that she keeps track of the family activities better than I. My memory is short.

I have me a great wife also. When we were dating I told her I love to ride sleds and atv's and I laid the law down that if I want to ride where ever and whenever that nobody is ever going to tell me otherwise. Life is just way too short. She agreed and now she has an atv and a sled and I love riding with her. Everytime we ride together it makes our relationship even stronger. It's great! But when I want it to be just the guys, she has no choice but to let me go. She says it's nice when I'm gone and always tells me to be safe and get back safe. I love her!

So you expect them to just take off for a weekend and not tell their wives? Saturday morning, just pick up the phone "hey babe, yeah i'm out with Red Dog we'll be gone all weekend. Oh, we had plans? tough #*$&@, i'm riding"

yeah... I don't think you're being realistic.

I check with my wife before committing to plans for several reasons. I love to ride, but I love my wife and kids more.

FYI, she's never said "no" and several times has encouraged me to stay out an extra day if the riding is good.

I've got the best girlfriend I could think of :)

She has her own sled (bought with her own money too!) and loves to ride, so we ride pretty much every weekend.

And if some buddies are going out, she won't accept anything other than that I go out riding with them instead of her.

So I'm happy as heck! :)

Chasx7 said:
I must have got lucky. My wife doesn't mind if, when or where I go riding and many times she tells me to stay an extra day if the riding is good. She understands the season is short and you gotta ride when you can. As far as riding buddies my son rides with me most of the time but all my other buddies have gotten out. Everything changes over time.

You are lucky :Rockon:

I told my wife when we were dating that riding is a big part of my life. She knows it and encourages me to get out as I get to be a bit of a pain if I don't. :o| Only thing she doesn't like is the Sportbike as she is worried about a cager running me over, but we agree to disagree about the bike.
As far as the friends go the ones my age that used to go are definitely whipped. A couple of them will go sometimes but will only get permission (they use the kitchen pass or points thing too=LAME) to go for like an hour or so drives me nuts!!! The guys I mostly ride with seem to be younger with wives like mine who are cool with it and/or ride themselves.

Noticed a ton of snow coming down around Grand Marais this week. Mentioned it to my bride, and we are going North this weekend, together. We ride '11 Apexes and we ride together! BTW, she had never been on a sled up until last year, took it on, and loves it. Want your problem solved? Include her in the fun!

Back