• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's see your homemade rear heat exchangers.

Vector88

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 rs vector 159
hey guys I'm looking for ideas on making a homemade rear coolers for Rs/rx mountain models.

Thanks

Thanks but I was wondering if anyone made one work off of an rmk or similar sled . These oem coolers are real exspensive and wondering if someone out there made something up besides getting the oem rear cooler

Thanks

I just put one on my 2002 Viper off of an Assult. I'll take a picture tonight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-SNOW...m25c073daee:m:mrXNUoVh_QCzFDawvT_39Lw&vxp=mtr

This looks like and easy fix. Just splice it in your rear hose. I think it would work great!

This morning I plumbed one of these into a viper to test. Using a temp gun I monitored temp in and out of the cooler and was not impressed. Maybe a degree or two difference but nothing substantial. I then made a shroud and wired up a fan to pull air across the cooler. The results of this were not much better. I had high hopes of using this with a fan for additional sidewinder cooling option, but its going on the scrap pile!

My concern with using as a tunnel snow cooler is that the fins are just going to pack up with snow and ice up. Once this happens its not going to provide any additional cooling. The phazer sleds had this trouble on the front coolers. They used a deeper fin than any of the other sleds and it would pack up with snow. Once it packed up it essentially insulated the cooler from fresh snow and overheating would occur.

Good info Travis ! I'm wondering being this thing is only 7" long would it hold enough heat to melt the snow ?

Cut one half of long tunnel coolers and fit together, some welding ,new hose fittings from some exciter cooler if I remember right... Just use some imagination like I did. ;)

fd9b6125dc8d223070245f6d72366bd3.jpg

Back