• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Light weight glove recommendations

MikeWalters

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer
Hey looking for opinions on a lightweight glove. Bar warmers work great and the Skinz Heat-Loc handguards block a lot of wind... so I enjoy having the control of a light glove.

I bought a pair of FXR Elevation gloves... https://www.fxrracing.com/product/elevation-lite-glove?color=2218

After wearing them for 2 hours just outside playing with the kids I found that the "water-resistant" feature is a flat out LIE. And also pointer finger sprouting a hole at the end! 2 hours old, seriously?! And it's not like they were cheapo's, $65 should get a reasonable glove IMO.

I absolutely love the comfort and pre-curved finger design, but was hoping for something more water proof and certainly more durable. Any good ones out there that are thin like this FXR?
WP_20150119_003.jpg

I have some thin scott gloves that i love, but they are not waterproof tho. But i don't care, i ride with them as long as i can and switch to dry ones when i get cold.

Klim powercross!!!
X2 on the Klim Powerxross gloves. A little spendy, but I am amazed at how good of a glove they really are. You can find them new on Ebay for about 25-30% off retail quite often

They block wind really well, and are totally waterproof. No BS. Good grip with durable palms. Even have the finger squeegee, which I love on all my gloves.

Good luck!

Well I tried on a bunch of Klim stuff and could not find a good fit for my hands. Fit is#1 concern for me.

Went with a pair of 509 Freeride gloves. http://www.rockymountainsnowmobile.com/product/V-509-GLOFRE/509_FREERIDE_GLOVE.html

The fit is absolutely awesome, very grippy, warmer and more waterproof (on paper) than the FXR's I tried. Too bad cause they also fit awesome and had insane grip. A few more bucks but hopefully worth it.

Time will tell, I'll try them out this weekend. Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:
Try the fly racing snocross gloves. I love these. Good price to $25-$35 on ebay.

Klim Inversion PRO. Way better than the regular Inversions and any Powerxross. These are great for aggressive riding, the powerxross would be a middle road glove between these and Togs. I also use 3xl Togs for relaxed travel type riding. My hands can get really sweaty even with klim, and I don't mind switching out for dry gloves.

Too bad cause I tried on the inversion and inversion pro and none of the sizes fit my hands. Felt really awkward. Was either too long in the fingers or too small in the palm. Was looking forward to the Windstopper feature.

The leather of the Inversion PRO will stretch and fit nice once broken in. Maybe for your next glove, eventually they all wear out!

Arctiva comp 8 long insulation only in the back not in palm has a nice liner and there truely waterproof local dealer had a bucket of water on the counter as a demo water sheds off like gortex 45 bucks i paid for mine

Arctiva comp 8 long insulation only in the back not in palm has a nice liner and there truely waterproof local dealer had a bucket of water on the counter as a demo water sheds off like gortex 45 bucks i paid for mine
Jeez those look nice!

Klim Togwotee glove. Very light and super flexible, has removable liner. Doesn't bunch up when putting them on. Not super warm, but allows heat from handwarmers to penetrate. Can buy thru Royal Distributing Canada, and free shipping. Not a sales rep., just like their stores.

Back