• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LIST OF UNHAPPY HANDWARMER PEOPLE FOR YAMAHA!!!

Nytr08 said:
Had to buy Rock's Yamaheater. Everyone was laughing at me warming my hands on the exhaust.
2008 Nytro Fx
Glad i'm not the only one! I alternate hands, but riding with your left hand on the throttle to warm my right messes me up! lol.
It works good though!

09 phazer rtx - mine will burn my hands off the bars.

02 VIPER= HOT, 07 PHAZER=HOT, 09 NYTRO RTX =SUCKS BAD.... HELP US OUT HERE YAMAHA..... :die

Yamaha isn't going to fix the old sleds. Its very expensive and may not even be possible using existing hardware. They tried that on the 06 Apex. Some liked it, most didn't. I for one didn't so I made my own controller. Now reminds me of my 2000 SRX and 05 RX1.. nice and hot for when I need it. Turn it down when I don't.

I would image they have some sort of spec for heater output where they feel the setup meets or exceeds that spec.
The problem is we don't know what that spec is or who tested it and said it was good.
Was it some guy with big fat fingers or some skinny dude like me where the only fat part I have is where the women like it.
I get cold watching snow on TV.
What gloves did the test riders use?
What RPM's did they run the thing at?
What ambient temp range did they test in?

It only takes a few minutes on a competitors machine to see the heater output is definitely lacking on most Yamaha's... at least to me.

The 2011 Apex's are a HUGE improvement over 2010 and prior so they did listen, but are still not at the level of the competition. I had to turn them down on the 2011 Apex, but it was not -10F when I rode them so I don't know if they will work nicely at those temps or at the speeds I ride. They were good at 30F.

I do notice that my Attak with the larger stock windshield is warmer on the hands than say a GT with the hood ornament for a windshield.
Keep in mind if you have a Apex GT, etc.. "we" asked for that in the survey Yamaha put out and what looks cool on your PC may suck balls in the real world. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm guessing the current "issue" with studding the 2011 Apex's is similar although the survey came out after the machine was in production but there is thread after thread on here about studding or not.

I don't know if Yamaha uses focus groups or not where they bring in actual potential customers prior to production, but this sort of stuff would come up IF the groups were allowed real world test scenarios and those people were NOT die hard Yamaha fans (or magazine people). Die hards are the absolute worst test subjects you can have when doing product development as they will overlook real issues.

My right warmer completley died on saturday, (froze my hand) took it to the dealer on Monday, will pick up tomorro with new updated grips. Will update after this weekend and let you know how they are. Covered under Y.E.S. Thank you very much....

warmers

Brother: '06 Attak with dealer "great stuff fix" COLD
Buddy: same same same
Me (Ray): '07 Apex rtx with '06 "great stuff'd" bars, better but still COLD! And I had to sacrifice my stock wind/brush gaurds

Guys & Gals
Rocks - Yamaheater w/Boost is the solution

Folks it sad to say its been happening for years and Yamaha has not corrected it and made it right. This is a case of Yamaha in denial and will not accept responsibility for this failure and yes it is a failure, when you buy sled with hand warmers and they do not work like they should or could then they have failed. Its really hard to believe that after all these years this is a discussion, probably Yamaha does not want to admit failure in fear off having to fix all of them, and they should. Sorry for ranting but this just bugs me.

Back