• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lite weight battery

SISCAKIDD

Expert
back in 04 i bought a lite battery for my warrior and it worked great,now i would like to get on for my nytro,but don;t remember where i got it from,any body have any suggestions.

my batcap works great

Attachments

• nos pics.JPG
    nos pics.JPG
    514.5 KB · Views: 54
  • nos pics.JPG
    nos pics.JPG
    514.5 KB · Views: 46
so what is the concensious, is this batcap the same as Mtn perf battery. Maxdlx

OK I looked through the list of sponsors for this site and I did not see Mountainperformance as a site sponsor. IF they are and I missed it I"m sorry and mod splease deleat this post! or PM me and I will.

That being said.....

maxdlx, Here is a pic of the bat/cap I picked up with the same specs as the Mt performance battery
I'll let you compare prices.

Both of the local high end mobile stereo shops said YES this bat/cap will work fine. One of the shops did mention that at temps well below 0 (F) (like -25) is the only time I may have a problem, but on normal riding days he said it will work perfect!

We'll see!

05-07434.jpg

I found them on ebay cheap. You can get the really lite weight 300 for around 130 shipped, and the 400 for 165 shipped. I'm thinking the 300 on a 6500 mile motor might be enough, and 2.5 pounds would be sweet. Maxdlx

anyone running the smaller 300. I need some input on this. Thanks Maxdlx

Heres another thought, 2 300 have more capcity than 1 40 and weigh the same, but could be mounted in 2 differnt spots, to move weight back some towards the center of the sled. Any electrical guys here. Maxdlx

maxdlx

I looked at trying that (2 model 300) but other than like you said 2 different mounting places (could be both good and bad) the cost offset the the little bit of additional power of the 2 model 300 MAY have is not worth it.. IMHO.
2 model 300 weight the same as 1 model 400 (5lbs) BUT there is really no more power!!!

Look closely at the specs

One Model-400
400 - peak starting amps (for up to 8 seconds)
1hr - 5 amp draw
5min- 28 amp draw
5lbs - weight

Two Model-300
600 - peak starting amps (for up to 8 seconds)
2hr - 2.5 amp draw
10min- 14 amp draw
5lbs - weight

So actually other than peak amps 2 model 300 are actually equal to OR less than 1 model 400 IF we were to compare the same amp withdraw or load!!!

Darn advertising trying to trick us!!! lol j/k

Back