• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at a 2012 Nytro, help me with the mods it's had done

schwaaa31

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro
I just sold my 2009 Nytro FX. I love the sled. The engine is amazing, handles pretty well (Tuner skis), the rear suspension was kind of horrible the two seasons I rode it. I know the rear shocks needed a rebuild, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Anyway, I'm going to look at this one on Sunday, and it has had a lot of modifications done to it. I don't know much about these, besides the trail tank, and I was hoping you guys could tell me if these are mods that are going to make me love the sled even more. I ride 95% on trail in Maine/New Hampshire. Not much off trail riding for me. Yet. Here is the listing. Thanks. *edit* The new sled is an RTX.

I have a real nice 2012 Yamaha Nytro. It does have some mods to make it a better sled.
129" Star Track Conversion with new front spring recommended by Star.
Newest Version of the 10 gallon Trail Tank.
Yamaha Wheel Kit
2 Spare Windshields
new slides
Schmidt Bros Trail clutch kit.
OFT Steering Relocate Kit
Mountain Tech Aluminum Skid Plate
Mountain Tech Extra tunnel cooler
Just added a Vector Speedometer Looks way better
Digital Water Temp Gauge.
Right around 1,400 miles

I would say you would like all those mods done. The big ones are the start track conversion, the OFT steering relocate, and the clutch kits. All the mods are great but those 3 will make the sled a better sled for sure.

Looks it has all the best mods that actually make the sled the way it should have been built!

I picked it up today for $5100. Looks to be in great shape. I think I got a good deal. I just need to grab some Tuner skis and I'll be good to go. Thanks guys.

I picked it up today for $5100. Looks to be in great shape. I think I got a good deal. I just need to grab some Tuner skis and I'll be good to go. Thanks guys.

If tuners work for you then stick with them. I have a good used set of tuners in stock right now that came off of a Nytro.

If interested in trying something better, I would go with semi aggressive snow trackers on the stock skis. I run them on all my sleds including my 2011 Nytro.

If tuners work for you then stick with them. I have a good used set of tuners in stock right now that came off of a Nytro.

If interested in trying something better, I would go with semi aggressive snow trackers on the stock skis. I run them on all my sleds including my 2011 Nytro.

I've only had the tuners on my last one. You like the stock skis over the tuners? I've only heard they were terrible, I've never had any actual ride time on them.

Stock skis work extremely well with snow trackers. If you do a lot of off trail riding that's when there is lots of disappointment in stock skis since they don't offer much flotation.

schwaaa31.....all the right mods already done for you.

X2 on the stock skis with semi-aggressive snow-trackers.... have them on all four of our yamahas

Travis,
Wife is new to the Nytro & not to aggressive "yet", she don't like the Slydogs/ Bergstrom triple points that came on it so I switched back to stock but ran out of decent snow before we could get another ride in.

What size carbide you suggest, price on them?

Back