• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at a used Nytro

SnowBandit

Expert
Website
www.slednewengland.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro xtx
I am looking at a low mileage 2009 Nytro xtx. What do you think is a fair price? Any known issues with these sleds? I am coming off an 2006 Attak with a M20 in the rear. I know hand warmers are an issue and I will be fixing that right away. Other than a skid plate what will I need to do to get this thing setup. Do they sell a spring upgrade for the rear as I am on the bigger side (300lbs)

Well, I just spent $4800 on a '09 xtx with 2600 miles. I hope that's a good price! Steering relocate, Hygear spring spacers installed. Waiting until I actually ride it to start the $$$ mods based on how I like the ride.

I have a used yamaheater with boost from a nytro xtx. Also have white, red, and yellow skid plates. The rear torsion springs would be on the light side for you. I would have some heavier rate torsion springs that are a direct fit.

Watch the subrame. 09 had some extra gussets but still got tweaked by many. Easiest way to tell if tweeked is to look at the distance behind the shock and upper a arm. Compare both sides and make sure the distances are the same.

Jack up front end, check a arm bushings and ball joints. Those go quick, could be a bargaining tool. Also the exhaust donuts go on these but you need to do some wrenching to get to those.....

i think van got a good deal, i bought my 08 RTX lat year (more "issues" than 09) with 1900 miles for 5 here in Michigan and thought i did well, the 09 and 10s here are asking around 5500-6000 for the XTXs which is what im also looking for.

I bought an '08 with 4,200 miles on it in 2013 for $4,500 and got two oil change kits, two spare belts, spare set of carbides, spare set of slides and the soft under cover with it for that price.

09 with 2800 miles and a slightly bent front subframe (right shock is not in the center of the upper arm), 4th wheel, inside rail wheel kit, larger and extra skid wheels and new slides for less than 3k (Ok so the guy put a DP on a new sled from his wifes account and she sold me the sled to get her money back....)

Back