• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking at buying 2016 SR Viper 137

02VIPER_ER

Country
USA
Snowmobile
SX Viper ER
Looking at buying a 2016 Sr Viper 137. Anything specific to look out for? It only has 1000 miles on it. It does have an aftermarket exhaust.
The seller is asking 9500(the whole sled market seems to have jumped new and used). I've seen similar sleds asking 7500-9k.

Thanks,

That price sounds really high, especially being Feb 1st. Prices will only go down from now until next fall.

That price sounds really high, especially being Feb 1st. Prices will only go down from now until next fall.
yeah I saw a post within the last year where someone got a SR viper for 5500...Blue book is only 5500 on NADA.
Does is still seem high if you consider inflation/supply issues & new sled prices?

yeah I saw a post within the last year where someone got a SR viper for 5500...Blue book is only 5500 on NADA.
Does is still seem high if you consider inflation/supply issues & new sled prices?

I would say yes it still seems high. Locally, there have been a few Sidewinders for $10-11k.

The current market is basically this; ask a stupid price and see who wants it enough to make an offer. If they ask $9,500 and it sells doesn't mean they sold it for $9,500. Maybe ask a couple of sellers what they actually sold the unit for. I would guess that you will get answers all over the range. All depends on how foolish the person with a pocket full of money that is making an offer on the same sled is. Those of us that have been around Vipers for awhile can remember when leftover 16 Vipers were leaving the dealer for $9K not so long ago.

I bought a new 16 RTX in January 0f 2018 for $8,400. plus tax. It's my back up sled with only 3,000 miles. I know for a fact it has been better maintained and has more mods than most. If I thought I could get $9,500 for it today I would sell it right now. Any offers?

I wonder how much of that in 2016 was based upon the engine issues and word of mouth killing them.

Back