• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking to change the throttle lever when my sw comes in .will the apex one work .

krm

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
sidewinder 850 mxz,850xrs 850xrs 900t22Mach Z
don't like the stk. sw throttle lever ,just wondering if the apex ,or something else will work ?thanks

The Yamaha throttle levers fit but make the pull harder and also don't bottom on the bar without extreme throttle play. The thumbwarmer also will not wire in. That said Barn of Parts makes a kit that corrects and improves the thumbwarmer with the Yamaha lever swap. I assume others liked it even with the issues I ran into. Your choice.

Overall, we had very positive results with the japan lever conversion kits sold last season. Some even tell me Steve beats me up too much! Ha. We found a way to make the throttle lever Yamaha riders are accustomed to work for a reasonable price. I was happy with the results of it and felt others would appreciate it too. I encourage anyone to give it a try...if it doesn't suit you just send it back and I will refund you. What suits one doesn't always suit the next. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss the conversion. ;)!

Overall, we had very positive results with the japan lever conversion kits sold last season. Some even tell me Steve beats me up too much! Ha. We found a way to make the throttle lever Yamaha riders are accustomed to work for a reasonable price. I was happy with the results of it and felt others would appreciate it too. I encourage anyone to give it a try...if it doesn't suit you just send it back and I will refund you. What suits one doesn't always suit the next. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss the conversion. ;)!
Perfect.

Well a 8 and 9000 have very easy throttle pull compared to a Viper or 7000 also many of us like the shape of the Yamaha lever. On the Sidewinder the throttle pull is much easier than Viper so that and the smaller grip the winder has may make it a non issue.

Just on this one Travis. Love all the great products and ideas you have come up with over the years.

whats wrong with the stock sw lever?
It's the lever itself it sticks out too far the heater does not work and it gives bad throttle thumb on long rides

The actual pull does not change going to the barn of parts throttle it is just more comfortable

It's the lever itself it sticks out too far the heater does not work and it gives bad throttle thumb on long rides

The actual pull does not change going to the barn of parts throttle it is just more comfortable
The pull changes when swapped.

thanks for the feed back .got my set up from bfop yesterday .

Not till production ones are here but at Pleasant Praire TY show they had both Vipers and Sidewinders on hand and the throttle pull was much easier on the Sidewinder. Had a few people try both and we all agreed Sidewinder was easier. The smaller dia grips also felt great.

I guess when you have small hands the throttle feels very big:moon:

Back