• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LOW OIL!!!!

Sorry to here about the bad luck, had a similar problem caused by dealer. All can tell you what it cost to fix it.

Re: YEP!

Why would you suspect the rod bearings to go first? I only ask because Progressive had the shop tear down my motor to prove oil starvation and found the top end clean. The technician at Heinens motorsports is saying that the heat load is in the top and that there would have been cyinder scoring if there was a lack of oil. So now Progressive does not want to cover it by saying that there is not sufficient evidence that this is due to oil starvation. Can you provide me with anything that would help this my case?

The rod bearings go first because they see much different loading than the mains. Not only is the crank rod journal spinning in the rod end, but it is doing that while also rotating in an orbit........while seeing forces that are transmitted directed through the rod.

Am I missing something? This thread looks to me that it's more than three years old. I would assume that 00-Nuke either repaired or replaced this sled by now...

Also shows the importance of running Yamaha parts, aka. filter

Also shows the importance of running Yamaha parts, aka. filter

Problem is that Yamaha has a filter that is longer than the one that is meant for the Nytro. Some dealers have sold these to Nytro owners. Combine the longer filter with a hit to the OEM "engine protector" and the results can end up being disasterous. Longer filter with a Mountaintech skid plate is no problem.

Back