• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Magnaflow Under Tunnel Exhaust Install

I have seen one sled exit directly through the mud flap. What about cutting a hole in the side tunnel? That would get it out for sure. I just did Plastic (plastic dip spray) on my tunnel yesterday, will have to see if snow sticks to it. Investment less than $10.00.
Just going to keep trying things, no lack of snow here.

I was thinking just extending the tailpipe to the back and putting a 45* elbow at a 45 to the outside of the tunnel. That way u don't have to cut anything and can still go back to stock if u want or at least another option and it won't leave a hole in the tunnel

Looks like Wednesday will be the day to put the muffler on so hopefully I can have a step by step up with pics by the end of the week

Do you have to do any jetting to the sled with that exhaust or mess with the idle? Im thinking about trying that exhaust out but dont want to mess up my machine. :-o

No jetting is required, it will breath better. Once you have done the exhaust you will want to do the intake. The K&N filters make a big difference. They also make it much simpler to work in the front end.

I tried to install this muffler today and good thing I like to measure before I cut. The OD of the header and the ID of the muffler are not even close to the same. 3/16 different where I wanted to cut it. I wanted to cut it right where it comes out of the collector to keep it level and flush with the top if the tunnel as I bought the Schmidt Bros block off plate. Back to the drawing board I guess. I will keep you posted when I get time to get back to this.

Is this set up lighter than the stock set up ? and is it much louder . I only ride in Maine and wondering if there is anybody with this set up ? I will not be running it in the tunnel , it will be in the factory spot . just looking for some weight saving's . thanks Paul :yam:

any updates on this? Going to buy a magnaflow and make my own so its flush underneath . Im more or less worried its going to be too loud. was looking at part number 11124 oval SS muffler, 2" inlet/outlet and with a 2" core. Not sure if I want to do the offset or just cut my excell header and put a piece of 2" straight after the collector.

I have seen one sled exit directly through the mud flap. What about cutting a hole in the side tunnel? That would get it out for sure. I just did Plastic (plastic dip spray) on my tunnel yesterday, will have to see if snow sticks to it. Investment less than $10.00.
Just going to keep trying things, no lack of snow here.
Hey Colorado Nytro,
Do you have any pics of the plast dipped tunnel. I just did the hood of my wives nytro and I really want to do my tunnel black. I just don't know how it will look or stand up. Thanks.

what color plastidip? some pictures on google with other sleds with plasti dipped tunnels. I am doing my sled right now and and gunna pass on the tunnel because i feel like the snow will stick better to it. Its not a slippery plastic feel but more grippy even after curing for a few days. I know powdercoating your tunnel makes it into a snow slip and slide tho. Next years proj for me. plus its tough as nails.

Think I might do something similiar. However I think I would like to try and have exhaust outlet exit dump come out by rear bumper/snowflap area. Just want storage on tunnel mainly and don't want to chocke exhaust out under tunnel.

you dont point the turndown straight down but to the side between 40-90*. plenty of mountain guys say that they can ride in 4 ft of powder w/o a problem. mine is almost done.

O ok well that is good to know. Then I won't worry about that. Thanks

Bringing this back to life I ended up installing the Magnaflow 11214 4"x9" straight through performance muffler. I think mine is a bit loud but idk if its because I put the turn down right at the muffler and its kind of tucked up into the tunnel or the muffler has no restriction but rather just a resonator. has anyone seen a difference in noise levels brining the turn down all the way back to the flap and/or having the tip level or slightly below the edge of the tunnel bottom so the tunnel doesn't act like an amplifier bull horn?

I put V band clamps on my header to muffler so it can be changed out but not sure if I want to buy the smaller version of my muffler which is 3.5"x7" or go with a multichamber or the turn down needs to be moved. my inlet/outlet is 2" to match the excel header but I noticed the OP of this thread is using a 1.75" which might also help with noise level.

Side Note:

Power and restriction wise this muffler with the K&N filters worked great. I put on ulmers stg 2 Excel header exhaust/intake kit map and on the top end and mid range it was running 0.5 afr leaner than suggested. This means the engine was breathing better than expected.

Back