• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Magnetic tether install on 2018 Sidewinder

zigwinder

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX
Anyone else figure out how to wire this up? It doesn't appear that my sled has the harness plug under the dash. I know there was someone on Snowest making the connector harness thats missing but I'm not having any luck contacting him.

What a coincidence, I'm just in the middle of looking for something for my father's 2017 btx. There are a few posts over in the mountain ty pages.

Sorry, not sure. Inline with the kill switch maybe? They're is a cat dealer 2 blocks from me and I know they have the magnetic tether on the wall there, I'm going to check that out. They're is a rumor of a wire somewhere beside the filler cap under the panel, I'm hoping I find that and just plug and play. But it will be a while before I get to do that, so I probably won't be much help on that yet.

I have in my notes that it is a red and violet wire to splice into, but I haven't done this mod yet myself.

I did it on my 2017 SRViper just this fall. So far so good. Inline with kill switch.

So is it just the one wire (red/violet) that you wire the kill switch in-line?
Any recommendations on good connectors?

Cut the wire and solder in the leads from the tether with good heat shrink tubing for insulation and protection. My AC mag tether didn't come with the necessary connector/leads so I found another post here on TY that listed the necessary connector and pins.
Connector is Molex 34900-2120
They sell that connector and needed pins at Newark Electronics...
Newark Part No.: 58Y4039 for the plug
and pins are : 43Y2420
Alternatively you can order the harness linked above.

Cut the wire and solder in the leads from the tether with good heat shrink tubing for insulation and protection. My AC mag tether didn't come with the necessary connector/leads so I found another post here on TY that listed the necessary connector and pins.
Connector is Molex 34900-2120
They sell that connector and needed pins at Newark Electronics...
Newark Part No.: 58Y4039 for the plug
and pins are : 43Y2420
thank you for that info! Can you confirm its the Re/Violet wire?

thank you for that info! Can you confirm its the Re/Violet wire?
I have a 2017 SRViper, and it MAY be the same on your Winder, but it was red with violet, pin 3 of the harness connector for me...
Screenshot_20220110-143230_Gallery.jpg
2017 Viper Handlebar and Console harness - Emergency Stop Switch wiring.png

Part number for magnetic tether? Can find regular one not the magnetic.

Part number for magnetic tether? Can find regular one not the magnetic.
8639-075 for 4 stroke machines; you need the "normally closed" version. Should be about $60. US.
Resized_20211006_162008_52.jpeg
Screenshot_20220112-092826_Chrome.jpgLooks like you may have been looking for this part number for a while; when doing a search, I saw your request for the part number in several threads.

Back