• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mainway steering bushings for Sidewinder

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Has anyone got a step by step on the lower steering pivot bushings install? I see a few pictures including the rivet removal of the reinforcement plate etc, but this would be a great thread to have to help those of us getting set to tackle this job.

It was a bit nerve racking drilling that plate out but it made sense once I got into it

I just used a standard 3/16" bit. Then there's removing old plastic bushing. Just use the right length bolt with heavy washer as a way to install new bushings. I don't know if Mainway sends an install tool.

I used a bolt and washer my first install and then a dead blow with a light tap and then a full tap on the next few installs.

I think I bought the puller he sells (basically just a threaded rod or bolt a washers) to install . Instructions were pretty good. Bought a cheap pneumatic riveter from harbor freight which was worth its weight in gold for the job. Also installed his greasable bushings in the a-arms

I put the hauck rivets in the car sells instead of the ones that came with the kit.

Back