• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Making my nytro lightest as possible.

Justinthemnytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris iqr 600
2013 nytro mtx 153 supercharged 180.
2012 yamaha nytro xtx (burned)
2009 polaris iqr 600(burned)
im looking to make my nytro light as possible. The only mods I have right now are air frame running boards and mountain tech a-arms. I heard somewhere guys are taking the reverse off there nytro to save weight. Anything would help . I think I'm going to try to delete the park brake and take the cooling fins off the brake rotor. any help is appreciated. I have a 2013 nytro mtx 153 mpi supercharged. Pretty much stock besides what I mentioned.

When you replaced the battery did you notice any unbalance in the way it handled? That's a lot to take off of one side.

I changed my battery to a lightweight battery and can't say i noticed any unbalance, i also have removed the parking brake and the fins on the rotor.

I have a Shorai LFX18L1-BS12 Lithium-Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) PowerSports Battery if you are interested. It is only 2.3 lbs. I'll ship it to you for $50.

I believe this took 20lbs off the rear... and no more tunnel icing..

Attachments

• WP_20150110_003.JPG
    WP_20150110_003.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 649
Just changing to an aftermarket can will reduce up to 12lbs.

Thanks guys I will be putting the skinz under tunnel exhaust and seat this summer. I'll also be getting the earthx battery, and a few other things to lighten her up. I'm still looking to see if I can take my reverse off to shave a few pounds.

Thanks. By any chance do you know how to go about it .

Not positive. Requires diff gear(s?) and some other bits and pieces. Someone on here may. My dealer knows how to do it

Definitely the Earth-X Lithium battery sheds off 10-12 pounds and better cold cranking amps for Cold Northern mornings.

Back