• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mice got me good, need help with wire identification

drunkenrich

Expert
Left the 09 nytro xtx on the trailer for the spring, bad idea. Have never left it on but needed garage space. I learned my lesson. As of now i see two wires chewed beyond repair, whole sections of wire is gone. Any advice is appreciated

image.jpeg

I know this is lead wire to the spark plug cap, looks like $16 for the oem wire. Worth soldering in a small wire or just buy a new one?

image.jpeg

This is located right near the fuel rail where the line from the tank goes into rail. Any clue what this wire is called? I didnt trace it out yet, i think im dying from inhailing mice feces so i need a break. I think it may be part of a huge wiring harness, looks like $90 but not sure i am looking at the right thing on oem charts.

Thanks

Cut it back to clean and splice in filler wire with shrink wrap over the joints. Wash under the hood and on the deck with degreaser and a little bleach so the pee trails don't attract them back. Throw some moth balls around the sled, not on it. Then put some dcon spiked mice food under the hood for the brave who deserve to die for their desecration of your sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 118682
This is located right near the fuel rail where the line from the tank goes into rail. Any clue what this wire is called? I didnt trace it out yet, i think im dying from inhailing mice feces so i need a break. I think it may be part of a huge wiring harness, looks like $90 but not sure i am looking at the right thing on oem charts.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If it were just one I'd say solder and weatherproof shrink tube it. However, with multiple wires, by soldering them it will make them stiff and not be able to flex when the sled is in use. (bouncing around) As the miles rack up it could weaken/break the wire and cause resistance problems or failure. Then with multiple wires to check/diagnose it could become a larger problem and downtime during a ride or the season. After frustration sets in it's possible it will go to the already busy dealer to be repaired where they will more than likely replace the harness with an OEM one.

You may want to buy the harness now and replace it at your leisure in your garage during the off season. No matter what repair you choose, feed the mice something less expensive! ☠

Buy a CAT, a real one....:jump: FELINE...

Wow! Buggers mostly just ate the covering off leaving huge short and fire potential. Wonder how many have burned down cause of mice? I would get a new harness unless you can get enough useable length out of the wires to install new plug pins and install them in the plug.

Thanks for the advice guys, i got a used harness off ebay for $30. And soldered the spark plug wire. I checked all wires on the sled, no other chewed. Started it up today after i put the harness. Ran fine. Never leaving it on the trailer again for a long period of time

Back