• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Michigan DNR conservation officers to enhance snowmobile noise enforcement this winter

From that pic posted a few pages earlier, I'd be fighting these tickets in court. There are NO environmental controls.
Those same sleds in the same spot on a hot summer day would have different readings....
The apex tests are ridiculous...let's set up the DB meter with the exhaust pointing at it??!?! Why not flip those 2 strokes on their sides and point their exhaust at the meters too!!
Such a cash grab.
Keep in mind, I do find them SkiDoo cans to be ridiculously loud! LOL

I watched a guy take his last breathe. Came upon their group. He missed a curve and hit a tree with his wife riding on a 2up sled. She was screaming at him "please don't die!" while resuscitation efforts were underway. I helped carry him (since deceased) to the ambulance, then broke down and cried like a baby for 15 minutes.

Her screams echo in my mind and will haunt me forever.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you.
You are a good man for helping these people in their time of need. Seeing a traumatic event like this is serious so please make sure to talk about it with your friends and family so you can process it too. My father in law is an EMT and fireman and they always make sure to talk it thru with each other after these types of tragedies. The last thing you want to do is keep it in. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being a stand up guy who was willing to help.

You are a good man for helping these people in their time of need. Seeing a traumatic event like this is serious so please make sure to talk about it with your friends and family so you can process it too. My father in law is an EMT and fireman and they always make sure to talk it thru with each other after these types of tragedies. The last thing you want to do is keep it in. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being a stand up guy who was willing to help.

That is very well said. I work in a saw plant in the granite industry and I saw a fellow co worker get seriously hurt when a block of granite (about 27 tons) tipped over on him after it was sawed into 7" slabs. My fellow co workers and I had to get the slabs off him without injuring him any further. Luckily for him the steel post that are there to keep the blocks upright kept the slabs from completely crushing him. It is really hard to see something like that and then deal with it after. That is very good advice.

Absolutely. Was in the military for 8 years with multiple deployments. Talking through and sharing a good cry with the boys is what fights of PTSD. Nothing wrong with it. Watched the biggest, bravest men I've ever had the honer of meeting break down in tears; and I with them. It's important to to share and help one another through these things.

4strokeluvr111 and to anyone else out there,
I hope you know there is a community here that will be happy to listen if you want to talk to one of us.

4StrokeAddict is right on..... don't bottle it up, its not good. Talk to someone and share your thoughts.

Being an EMT for a little while and seeing the other side from life is not something someone deals with until it happens. I couldn't sleep for weeks and kept having bad dreams until I went and saw a counselor.

Loud pipes are the main reason for the PITA trail reroute out of ironwood, if anyone has riden it this year you know what I'm talking about. The entire thing was from people rapping pipes at 2am leaving the establishments in Hurley. In my opinion the dnr should have just set up on the MI side of the bridge handing out loud pope tickets and DUI's to all the A$$ holes out there endangering the rest of us trying to have a good time LEGALLY!

Back