• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mod a XTX for mountain riding..

I'm putting a set of 8tooth Wahl bros extro's and an anti stab shaft on my 2009 Nytro XTX. Does any one know if I need to shorten the rails or is there enough clearance? Any first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

I just installed a camoplast mountain track with 2" paddles, I want to install 2.5" paddles but all the shops told me I would have to do gear changing and drive clogs and decided to much. I pulled the tunnel protectors out and carefully cut the ones off the cooler, left all the gearing the same, track is almost 1/4" from cooler. I just tried it last weekend found some deeper snow and from a dead stop wanted to see what would happen, I pulled full throttle and was surprised when the front end lifted to the sky and the sled took off, I'm happy seems to work good in deep stuff and still have my top speed
'

I plan to install the 146 x 2.5 Ascent track onto my '10 xtx. It currently is running the 144 x 1.75. Yukon Yamaha is replacing the drivers and installing an 8" rear wheel kit. I am told that this new setup will still give me the versatility that the xtx has plus it will get me higher up the hill before I get stuck :)
Comments?

I plan to install the 146 x 2.5 Ascent track onto my '10 xtx. It currently is running the 144 x 1.75. Yukon Yamaha is replacing the drivers and installing an 8" rear wheel kit. I am told that this new setup will still give me the versatility that the xtx has plus it will get me higher up the hill before I get stuck :)
Comments?
Please let us know how it works out. I have been thinking of converting to 146 when my backcountry dies, which could be soon since I found a small tear in the side. Definitely interested to see how well the adjusters take up the length.

I have a polaris 146" series 5.1 on mine With 2.4 " lugs .i relocated the skid about 3cm (1/8") had to go With 7 tooth drivers since the drive pitch on that track is 2.86

Last edited:
Had a friend put a 2.5 ce track on his xtx. Had to put 7 tooth drivers and big wheels on. It works good in snow but isn't real predictable on the trail anymore.

That's what I am anticipating, Meskie. When I got back into sledding, 2 years ago, I figured I would mostly do trail riding but it turns out that there is so much wilderness and mountain terrain up here (see photo) that the group I ride with only uses trails to access the backcountry. I figured I'd try this track set-up (since my track has a tear in it anyways) and likely eventually get a dedicated mountain machine.

Back