• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono shock advice

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
I will be running my center mono shock at 250 pounds for valving this year. last year I did not have it valved for enough weight so I then put the clip on the third position it still didn't help so my question is for this season. Will the clip at 3rd position and 250 be too stiff?

I am 200 with gear but use a jack seat sometimes for the kids. Thanks

If you put on the "heavy duty spring" with a revalve , second circlip position. Just a revalve, I would leave it on the 3rd circlip position and then adjust the snail cams and the RA.

I ran the cam or coupling on the shock at mid range and wonder about that too. Those things are a pia to adjust when in the sled.

Yes, pia when full of snow. Much easier to adjust the cams with the rear of the sled lifted up. I would leave the cam adjust where it is so you have something to compare to after the revalve, and just change the RA settings first.

10-4

Another q for ya... Snapped my ra cable so what is best way to mate the shock and ra dial when I get ready? In other words how do I know which one is soft or hard?

I believe a #3 Robertson or a small standard screwdriver will fit the shock adjust. Adjust shock clockwise until it stops turning. Set the RA to the full hard setting. This will put things in sync. Then you just need to put the new RA cable on.

Back