• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Most miles in one day?

13NytroXTX

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro xtx
Does anyone know what the record is or if there is a record for most miles ridden on a snowmobile in one day on a trail system? not a closed course or track.

I don't know about any records but personal "best" was around 2004 on RX-1 with SIL on his supercharged RX-1......392........just about 150 too many :)

I have done 536 once. about 300 not enough but the other guys were done.

325 .... and it happen to be one of the coldest days I have ever rode. It was still worth it!

I did 366 on my nytro that was a long day

wow. really shows the difference in the trail conditions. we did 207 miles one sunday in about 8hrs but the lakes where terrible with 1-1/2' drifts packed as hard as rock. was on an old proaction venture that day.

wow. really shows the difference in the trail conditions. we did 207 miles one sunday in about 8hrs but the lakes where terrible with 1-1/2' drifts packed as hard as rock. was on an old proaction venture that day.

That big day with SIL was a Sunday........last 50 or so mi. were absolutely miserable........when we reached the spot where the trail crosses our road, and since it had been snowing all day, I looked at the other 2 guys and said "I don't know about you guys but Buddah has ridden his last bump".......whereupon I took off down the middle of the road the last 15 mi. home......and it was after midnight so no traffic :)

I once rode 340ish miles in one day. Chaperoning the OSM Magazine riders through our area. Left home at 7 am to meet them at the hotel to ride at 8am. Lets say with photo ops and food stops and rest breaks I didn't get home till 11pm. Only time I ever fell asleep riding a sled. I had to stop a few times and walk the nods off. Scary!

I have done near that mileage or over it since then but in less time with no problems, but that one day was the worst! The way to get high miles is not in the bush. Rail beds, lakes and pipeline rack up the mileage. Weaving in and around trees at 15 to 30 mph makes a high number a long day.

I average as low as 28mph to as high as 35 on the trails around here but in Manitoba I have averaged as a low of 35 and a high of 45! Calculated as moving time. If you calculate total time I have seen as low as 15mph average.

Back