• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountaintech 40"+2" review

Rooster is your sled a xtx 144 '' ? and would you say the 40'' kit handles better than the stock 42'' kit on the trail's ? if not I will be going with the 43 '' kit .
I like speed and lots of it LOL. thanks

I have been running the 43+2 kit for two years now. I am on a 121" nytro so I don't ride deep powder very often.
It rails the corners, soaks up the big hits excellent and has no
darting.

Rooster is your sled a xtx 144 '' ? and would you say the 40'' kit handles better than the stock 42'' kit on the trail's ? if not I will be going with the 43 '' kit .
I like speed and lots of it LOL. thanks
Yes my sled is the XTX 144" 1.75" lugs. I'm running all the stock shocks. Front shocks are full loose, middle shock is about 90% full preload on the spring. Limiter straps are pulled 1 notch and the rear of the sled is set full soft with full transfer.
I feel like the sled still handles better than with the stock arms. It feels a lot more stable and somewhat more plush. It has lightened up the steering a lot, and I find I don't need to lean into corners near as much as I used to.
If I was strictly trail I would look into the 43", but once you leave the trail the 40" set will really shine.

I have had a few more rides on the arms and still have no complaints. For anyone who owns a Nytro all I have to say is you are crazy not to pick up a set of Mountaintech arms. Everyone is covered, 38's for the mountains and the 43's for the trail riders. And now with the 40"s for the cross over guys we are set.
They are tougher than stock. The on trail is incredable, stable and secure. Off trail is totally fun. You do need to pull a little harder than you do with the 38's to get it on its side but that's to be expected. Also I am running the tortion bar still so that will contribute to how hard you need to pull to tip it. But you can get it on its side, and that was never really that possible with the stock arms. You can find the balance point and keep it there, you can counter steer and do donuts. All the fun stuff a crossover is meant to do!
If any one has any questions don't be afraid to post them or send a p.m. I don't know what else to say other than I am 100 % happy with the outcome of these arms. They do exactly what I wanted them to do.

Here is my navigator. 10 years old and he still insists on sitting in front of me when we ride. I don't mind, that way he can learn everything that goes on. The funny thing was that his first ride after I put on the new arms he noticed as soon as we left the trail. He really thinks that it is fun to tip it on its side to corner. He kept bugging me to do donut after donut. A monster is born.;)

My thoughts exactly...every rider is covered! I rode hard from Thursday morning to the last minute Monday night at camp. The worst part of my extended weekend was loading it in the trailer last night to head home. Anyway, riding my sled is a blast. Even though I am running narrow arms, I can still ride high performance on the lake when it is rough. Yes, I have to be a little cognisant when cornering at high speed, but I can go through the narrow bush trails at a good clip with confidence.

Well Rooster,I must say I'm jealous of how much longer your season is than ours in Southern Ontario this year! Do you feel confident cornering on groomed trails with this setup? I sure do wish I could play in the powder with mine and I believe these arms would help. I'm just a little worried about the corners!

X2. pulling the trigger on a set not sure what ones yet . I talked to Pete he is a cool dude , he said I should go with the 43 '' if I do mostly trail riding . soon he will be building
adjustable arms that go from 38'' to 43'' . lol . if anybody can he can.

Well Rooster,I must say I'm jealous of how much longer your season is than ours in Southern Ontario this year! Do you feel confident cornering on groomed trails with this setup? I sure do wish I could play in the powder with mine and I believe these arms would help. I'm just a little worried about the corners!
I feel that these arms are an improvement on the trail. They have lightened up my steering considerably so you don't need to wrestle the bars in the twisties. It just feels soooo much more nimble but accurate in the corners and in the bumps it's crazy! I need to stop more often to wait for my riding partners. There has been no ski lift or any negatives like that. Last Sunday was the first time I had any darting but it was very minimal! The trails were like cement and the last sled thru must have been running trackers. Even still with horrible conditions like that I could count on one hand how many times I actually darted. I do run Curves skis with the 4" leading edge wich are excellent skis for the Nytro and they too help with the darting, but I had a lot more with the stock arms.

Jigs are finished. Starting to build crossover A arm kits next week. Spring pricing ($649 +shipping) will apply to these as well, although they are not up on the website yet. If anyone is interested in a set PM me.

Back