• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Moving tail light

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
How to keep the wires running in the tunnel to the back protected from ice and how to keep the wires attached to the tunnel? Anyone just put the stock light in the holes for the reflector?

I put a "knight rider" led light on the back of the tunnel. Light is from Custom Dynamics. I drilled a hole down through the tunnel protector from stock location on top of the tunnel and ran the wires through it back to the light position. Are you able to visualize that? If not, I can take some pics and show you.

I put a "knight rider" led light on the back of the tunnel. Light is from Custom Dynamics. I drilled a hole down through the tunnel protector from stock location on top of the tunnel and ran the wires through it back to the light position. Are you able to visualize that? If not, I can take some pics and show you.
Did you keep the plug in that's in the middle of the wire or just get rid of it and make it one wire so that it can't be taken off without cutting the wire

I bought a 3 ft section of air compressor hoes at he local hardware store and a couple clamps and ran the wires through it. Works great and since the hoes is flexible you can run it where ever you want. I did not keep the plug because I had to add wire anyways so I cut it out.

I bought a 3 ft section of air compressor hoes at he local hardware store and a couple clamps and ran the wires through it. Works great and since the hoes is flexible you can run it where ever you want. I did not keep the plug because I had to add wire anyways so I cut it out.
So you just have one straight wire, right? Like you would have to cut it to put a be light on?

Well there should be 3 wires a running light, brake light and the ground. I cut the plug off on both ends (sled side and the light side). Then I added my extra wire I needed, pulled the wires through my hoes, and got some waterproof wire connectors and heat shrunk them together.

Well there should be 3 wires a running light, brake light and the ground. I cut the plug off on both ends (sled side and the light side). Then I added my extra wire I needed, pulled the wires through my hoes, and got some waterproof wire connectors and heat shrunk them together.
K cool, probably what I'll do

Yeah it was pretty easy to do and didn't take much time at all. It gives the sled a much nicer look having the wires run under the tunnel instead of on top of it. I enjoy doing little projects like this.

I ran mine down the outside edge enclosed channel of the right side running board.

Did you keep the plug in that's in the middle of the wire or just get rid of it and make it one wire so that it can't be taken off without cutting the wire
I cut the wire at the back and soldered it then shrink wrap. 3 wires. I'll get a pic up later.

I put a generic tunnel rack and ran the wire in wire protector along the inside of the new rack and attached the light to the reflector holes. I did run electrical tape around the outer parameter of the tail light to keep snowfrom behind the light

I put a generic tunnel rack and ran the wire in wire protector along the inside of the new rack and attached the light to the reflector holes. I did run electrical tape around the outer parameter of the tail light to keep snowfrom behind the light
Pictures?

e701e9679faae2692455dedf22b95690.jpg
i reused the stock reflector bracket its pretty solide i rerouted the wire under the tunnel incase in a plastic tube all i had to do is to cut a small window on top of the snow flap to get the wire trought
d270dfd17e8f902bc01281401ae944d5.jpg
6ca83e1fbb29ab189ce730e39e0e4ea4.jpg

Nice job. If you had drilled out the reflector bracket rivets, the holes line up with the light mount holes and you would not have needed that bracket that you made.

Back