• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTX Clutching help

Low elevation I have my weights fully loaded with the heaviest rivets. 1700 ft elevation.

That's what it looks like I need to do. I can give the secondary more twist, going to be a while for testing though. Thanks for the help, starter saver still sitting here. I need to spend some time in the shop!

Try your weights first. Mine ran in the 8900-9000 range fully loaded and the spring at 60. I tried some Dalton weights this year but I think the profile is to much , I could not pull over 8000 rpm with a turbo. I had them set the lightest and the heaviest with out any change in top end. I know what I was pulling with the stock weights and a hurricane hindle kit so I should be able to pull those easy and smack the rev limiter with a 180 turbo kit installed. Crappy winter and ran out of time to dial it in .

I'm having the same issue with mine. Ususally my solution to that is to buy some supertips and tune it out, but this year I might try a more cost effective approach. Since your in flat terrain, you may benefit from a 51/43 helix.

I am going to run the same clutch weights and springs that I had with the Hurricane kit which is basically stock and if it can't pull those stock weights then the turbo is not producing any extra hp at all and there is other problems then. .

Back