• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need unstudding track opinion please

THKSNOW

Smooth Operator
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 RS Venture GT
Sled has a 144 studded down the middle. I'm seriously thinking about removing all the studs. I can't see any issues running a "holey" track but thinking I might be missing something. Any thoughts?

Most people do cut them off using a cutoff wheel or even a bolt cutter since they often won't unbolt since threads get buggered up from use. Quicker also.

I have removed quite a few. Just put your impact gun on them and most of the nuts will come right off with the track holding the stud. Usually only the bent ones are a pain.

I believe they mean to cut off through the nut, so they gone just ad though they were disassembled to take off. I have taken them off and run track without issue

Like STAIN said impact gun then cut the nut on two sides to get the rest. Impact will get most of them.

no problem at all running a track with stud holes as long as none have pulled thru and if they have risk is no higher then if you left them in if anything risk is lower do to less spinning mass.

its not a bad idea to use a small propane or other type of torch to burn the edges of the holes (both sides of holes) to keep them from cracking or the internal fibers from fraying and tearing when you use it without the studs.

Just curious why you took them out? I haven't used them since I threw one through a heat exchanger on my zr8 and realized the new ripsaw I put on after that debacle hooked up better than my other studded sled at the time. But, I've been considering studding my Viper to get a bit more holeshot.

Back