• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new 09 rtx

tomseal6

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
4 strokes
Ijust bought a 2009 FX Nytro RTX. What are some mods I can do to it?

I really like the sled, rides nice but I wish it would go faster on top end

I was told it will get better fuel mileage after break in period.

I think I got about 90 MPH out of it. Is the speedometer more accurate on this sled then an older 2 stroke sled?

expect somewhere in the low 100's m.p.h. i have an 08 (bought new this year jan 1st 2009) and put on my own muffler, and the drag n fly clutch kit. The muffler probably didnt do anything but shave a few pounds (and it sounds kick a$$) but the clutch kit is MUST DO!!!!! www.supertorquer.com is where you get the clutch kit. its $260 shipped and worth every penny!

The dealer put GYT shocks on the front for me when me made the deal. I asked him to take the fox floats off. He gave me a new jacket and I got it out the door for $8,741

It is black and red. has reverse. I need to get a 12V plug in installed.

jeffT said:
expect somewhere in the low 100's m.p.h. i have an 08 (bought new this year jan 1st 2009) and put on my own muffler, and the drag n fly clutch kit. The muffler probably didnt do anything but shave a few pounds (and it sounds kick a$$) but the clutch kit is MUST DO!!!!! www.supertorquer.com is where you get the clutch kit. its $260 shipped and worth every penny!

Wow, Thank you. so just buy the dragon fly weights and put them in? What rivets and where do I need to install. I should just leave everything else alone?

IFlyEm said:
Why did you take the Fox's off?

The GYT's ride better. However, the fox floats are more expensive and are a PITA to get the air pressure right.

I remember mrsled saying last year that he put a little taller gearing in his last year but I have no clue what he put in it. I hope he will post.

21/39 gears from the factory on the 2008 anniversary RTX. The 2009 sleds are not in the parts microfiche on the yamaha site. I am thinking too it can be geared taller for better top end and mileage.

It has reverse so I dont know what to change and I dont think it will affect performance at all

Back