• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2013 Nytro XTX 1.75 Upgrades - What else should I do?

Sounds like a good upgrade. I've seen a few made by different companies, but they only seem to cover the hole where muffler
sits. Now ive seen a few where people have taken aluminum and attached it to the top of
tunnel protectors and run whole length of tunnel from front to back. That to me sounds like a better way.

I'm pretty sure I copied Grizztracks' design. A flat piece with a flange on each side. I riveted it on the inside face of the tunnel protectors. I didn't go all the way to the front of the tunnel. You don't have to. About 2/3rd. of the length.

I just looked up Grizz and a few others. I have a good idea of hows it done now. I only have one concern. After seeing all the pics it seems everyone
is only going the width of tunnel protectors. To me the 3 or 4 inches on either side of tunnel protectors that is left open. That snow would
get up and behind block off plate.
wouldnt you bring block off plate right over to edge of tunnel on the sides? Or is it not necessary?

Not necessary. It allows air up there to cool the exhaust. You don't have to seal the area up. I actually think it's better to have it breath. If you just do everything that Grizz did to his Nytro, you'll have a great working machine. The guy is smart! I did his steering post relocate too. Good luck and enjoy your machine!

Ive tried finding the Grizz post on block off plates and how to make. Ive looked through his post and didnt find anything. I his user name Grizz Tracks?
If it is he doesnt seem to have post relating to block off plates. or any real good descriptive pictures. Does anyone have a link to that post?

Thank you

In the search bar put- "tunnel block off plate"
Under posted by member put- grizztracks "

I found it right away and it has great pics. Good luck.

Back