• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha LE Video...

if I had 16, 000 $ to spend id have one of those sidewinders lined up already... but I don't lol... back to the 03 rx1 I go!!!

I don't have it either, but the bank has lots of $. So, upgrading from the '06 Apex. Sidewinder it is!

I'd save your money unless you enjoy throwing it away and wrenching on your sled to fix issues that a $16000+ sled shouldn't have.....just sayin

I'd save your money unless you enjoy throwing it away and wrenching on your sled to fix issues that a $16000+ sled shouldn't have.....just sayin
And you're sure it already has issues? Fill me in please. I was not ever really a first year model buyer, but I have waited long enough for something new that matched what I was looking for. I'm not ignorant and understand more than likely there may be some kind of recall, update, or issue in its first year. But they're offering a 5 year warranty. Do you really think Yamaha would offer that if they weren't very confident in this product? That would be very costly to them. Check out the what did you order or who's snowchecking threads to see what I mean. Maybe I should be more concerned, but having the warranty really gives me peace of mind. If something isn't right, I trust it will get taken care of. We'll see and time will tell I guess.

And you're sure it already has issues? Fill me in please. I was not ever really a first year model buyer, but I have waited long enough for something new that matched what I was looking for. I'm not ignorant and understand more than likely there may be some kind of recall, update, or issue in its first year. But they're offering a 5 year warranty. Do you really think Yamaha would offer that if they weren't very confident in this product? That would be very costly to them. Check out the what did you order or who's snowchecking threads to see what I mean. Maybe I should be more concerned, but having the warranty really gives me peace of mind. If something isn't right, I trust it will get taken care of. We'll see and time will tell I guess.

I won't buy the first year model of anything again after my viper purchase. The warranty is a nice peace of mind and I wish I would've paid for as long as they would cover, but when it was $2300 for 3yrs when my $50000 truck was roughly that for 10 yrs I passed on it. Warranty is only as good as your dealer and the brand that covers it. From my experiences, my dealer hosed me hard and I had to fight with Yamaha to cover it, but apparently the US side is A LOT better to deal with. The first year problems from the viper had my sled in the shop more than on the snow and something you'd assume be recalled wasn't. The lack of responses from Yamaha addressing these issues as well has left me questioning the road they've taken.

I don't have any insider info on the sidewinder, but I would be very hesitant about purchasing it. I came off an apex GT because I was searching for the exact same thing you are, but have regretted my purchase and have been more frustrated with this sled than I have any other recreational vehicle. I'd think long and hard about it as I wouldn't want you in the same boat I am....

I won't buy the first year model of anything again after my viper purchase. The warranty is a nice peace of mind and I wish I would've paid for as long as they would cover, but when it was $2300 for 3yrs when my $50000 truck was roughly that for 10 yrs I passed on it. Warranty is only as good as your dealer and the brand that covers it. From my experiences, my dealer hosed me hard and I had to fight with Yamaha to cover it, but apparently the US side is A LOT better to deal with. The first year problems from the viper had my sled in the shop more than on the snow and something you'd assume be recalled wasn't. The lack of responses from Yamaha addressing these issues as well has left me questioning the road they've taken.

I don't have any insider info on the sidewinder, but I would be very hesitant about purchasing it. I came off an apex GT because I was searching for the exact same thing you are, but have regretted my purchase and have been more frustrated with this sled than I have any other recreational vehicle. I'd think long and hard about it as I wouldn't want you in the same boat I am....
Sorry to hear about the Viper issues you've had. Sounds like a frustrating experience. I responded before seeing a couple of your other posts originally. Later realizing you were speaking from true experience. My Apex RTX is a first model year and I really can't complain overall. I hope everything gets worked out for you and I will just have to keep my fingers crossed with the sidewinder.

Really, the only thing new on this sled is the engine and drive train. And who does better than Yamaha in those area's? Yamaha has had several years to massage this chassis and bring it up to their standards. I rode a 2016 ZR9000 Cat last season with the Suzuki 1100 turbo. The only thing I disliked about that sled was the sound of the engine. Everything else was great. I'm only making the change because I want the new Yamaha engine.

Back