• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good find Dirt !! Don't think there's any question that it's a 3cyl 4banger.. Hope they give us some big HP from the factory

Looks like the snowbike project that Cat ha been working on.....except vehicle in video has 2 skis.....hhmmm....

Also this is the first year in a while Cat has not been testing in the usual place in Colorado, I assumed it was because they had nothing new in mountain segment to test but who knows?

Interesting read on the Yamaha sled talk blog. CR just posted yesterday about 2 vs 4 stroke in Yamaha sleds. It's been discussed at length in past years so why again now? Are they trying to tell us something ?..............He even mentions a "state of the art" 850 cc 2 stroke engine. ......... Don't think I would ever go back to a 2 stroke but who knows ?

Last edited:
Yamaha has awesome 2 stroke performance in their outboard boat motors so they know how to to build a very good 2 stroke. But this video really sounds like a 4 stroke which is fine with me. haha

The way the rider is moving, it just might be the articulated suspension in that thing.

Interesting poll on what peoples next sled would be powered by. 2 stroke or 4 stroke

http://www.supertraxmag.com/poll_results.asp?id=67

Thanks for the link. To bad they didn't split the post for mountain riders vs trails. Most people I know doing trails want a 4 stroke but don't want to change color. Which the 44% in that polls shows. Stats today says only 25% sleds sold are 4 stroke but this is rapidly changing.

Interesting that I don't think I've ever seen a comparison with the 7000, Viper, Ski Doo 1200?????? Magazines apparently just don't like 4 strokes.

Listen to that exhaust note, sounds very similar to something just released in the sport sxs with a 5 spd transmission, actually it sounds exact Hmmm!

Listen to that exhaust note, sounds very similar to something just released in the sport sxs with a 5 spd transmission, actually it sounds exact Hmmm!
That's what I thought when I first herd it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back