• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha not going injected 2s so sorry but won't happen ...next step a lighter 4s platform the doo 1200 is 100 lbs lighter than Apex & Vector. Current Apex a great 4s sled for what it is but way too heavy to not go on a diet. 2s not in Yamaha snowmobile future you want a new 2s sled you need to look elsewhere.

The sled market is in North America, Russia & Europe not in Japan. Sled sales very good in those locations.

True, but sled sales alone will not prop up an overall recession in the main economy of the country.

True, but sled sales alone will not prop up an overall recession in the main economy of the country.
Seems to me if mfg country economy is down & you have an off shore opportunity with pent up market demand for mfg countries product then you go with the product release to increase said companies profitability & increase productivity of overall economy.

Yamaha not going injected 2s so sorry but won't happen ...next step a lighter 4s platform the doo 1200 is 100 lbs lighter than Apex & Vector. Current Apex a great 4s sled for what it is but way too heavy to not go on a diet. 2s not in Yamaha snowmobile future you want a new 2s sled you need to look elsewhere.
The ski too 1200 is around 50 lbs heavier then the new 800s Most of the weight is over the ski's. A smaller chassis would be nice. I'm guessing it would be hard to pull start a 4s and I don't like counting on batteries

The ski too 1200 is around 50 lbs heavier then the new 800s Most of the weight is over the ski's. A smaller chassis would be nice. I'm guessing it would be hard to pull start a 4s and I don't like counting on batteries
Yep barking up the wrong 4s tree if you want to pull start an 800 cc engine... lol.... Almost every new sled now has electric start & I have had estart since 1994 never had a battery problem & if I did I would jump start off buds sled. But if no battery is your requirement no 4s for you.

Seems to me if mfg country economy is down & you have an off shore opportunity with pent up market demand for mfg countries product then you go with the product release to increase said companies profitability & increase productivity of overall economy.

"pent up demand" your hilarious : )

I agree on the demand for a all new Apex from Japan. I myself have been waiting since 2010, when the bullshit train started leaving the Yam factory on an all new Apex. All we have gotten since then are parts bin updates.

I agree on the demand for a all new Apex from Japan. I myself have been waiting since 2010, when the bullshit train started leaving the Yam factory on an all new Apex. All we have gotten since then are parts bin updates.
No parts bin updates left... lol.... have to go to new platform. It would be crazy to update Apex front end to match single shot rear performance without introducing a new platform.

there is another sled coming from japan..2018

nothing in 2017, and if Yamaha looks at the forecast they might just forget about there 2018 50th. And just sell motors to AC. I would say first Apex 06' 3 year cycle would take us to 2009 Apex. Which wasn't " new " but refined nicely, still no new Apex platform. " Fail ". That takes us to, 2012 no new Apex platform,EPS and just a few more spare " parts bin " tech thrown at the old platform Fail. Now that brings us to 2015, same old beat that dead horse down the trail for another model year " yee haw " platform and throw some BNG at that MF'R and call it"new " . Ok I will give you the "new " skid on the Apex for 2016, still "FAIL". No new platform. Looks like to me from own track record it will be sink or swim for them come 2018. Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back