• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Battery

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
So after 4 years i'm gonna replace the battery in my 2011. I remember reading on here about a battery that 300 or more CCA's but can't find it anywhere. Any ideas on a replacement. Don't wanna go OEM as I replaced the battery in my other 2011 in February while on a trip, and I go out there this summer in June and find it's dead. Mine with 17k miles on the sled still is strong. I was like WTF.

My 2006 is due for a new battery (still has the original if you can believe that). I'm gonna try a Shorai. Put one in my street bike this summer and the weight loss is incredible. Gonna go with a BIG one to overcome any issue with the cold temps.

Mine (2006 ER)is also original. No indications that I need a new one. Makes me nervous. A guy at an Interstate battery store said when the time comes he can get me something just as good way cheaper. We'll see.

I have a 06 er with original battery as well it always spent the off season on a battery tender. I'm planning on run it this season as well but I'm having second thoughts about this.

If you take out the foam pieces out from around your battery you can fix the ytx20h-bs it has 100cca more than the stock.

See my post in the general section. Be careful when looking at batteries and their CCA claims. A real CCA test is at 0 degrees F for 30 seconds. Some companies do it for 5 seconds, or at 32 degress etc to make it look better then it is. Also there are only really 2 major manufacturers in the US and everyone else rebrands and sells as their own. AGM seems to be superior to Lead Acid.

I'm still a fan of Yuasa. When you look up the battery model, they usually have a second model that is better than stock, with an H in the number. So the YTX14H puts out more than the recommended YTX14. Order from Powersport Parts on Amazon and you should get it the next day. The don't advertise it, but I've always gotten them overnight delivery. I assume special shipping due to the acid.

Batteries have been berry berry bad to me! I am on the 3rd one in my 14 viper. I have tried tenders, part time and full time, I have pulled them out for the summer and still find myself on the first ride of the winter going to the store and paying $ 134 so this year I went to interstate they had the same battery I was buying from Yammi dealers for $79 I just put it in hope it makes it to November.

Im putting a Yuasa ytx20h-bs in My Apex this winter. Larger battery like the Warrior came with. Few more Cranking amps then the factory ytx14h-bs the Apex came with. Had real good luck with the Yuasa in my Warrior but find the smaller Apex battery to not crank as well in the -35 to -40 and well its four years old, now five I guess.

Im putting a Yuasa ytx20h-bs in My Apex this winter. Larger battery like the Warrior came with. Few more Cranking amps then the factory ytx14h-bs the Apex came with. Had real good luck with the Yuasa in my Warrior but find the smaller Apex battery to not crank as well in the -35 to -40 and well its four years old, now five I guess.
Thanks Squatchy, I just ordered this one.

A big yes to the 20h-bs!!!! I put one in 3-4 yrs ago, cranks over waaaaaay better when very cold as opposed to the baby battery they come with, lol!!!! If these things don't turn over fast enough they don't start. Never been left stranded with the big bad boy battery, hahahaha

Back