• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New testing facility in the central MN area

Yamadog

Lifetime Member
For years I wanted to build a playpen in the UP with small shops for pipe, ski, clutching and other manufacturers selling their wares on site. I was hoping to have all sled manufacturers participate with demos all the time. I wanted to put a drag strip in so you could see real world results before and after the changes or just so you could take home bragging rights when the whole crew ran heads up on a timed course. I also wanted a mild snow X track for testing shocks, tracks and other tunes that the average rider could negotiate.

I never found the right location or circumstances to fall into place. But now I did find a spot here in MN 20 miles north of Minneapolis right off the public trail. I am not sure how much I can get done on it for this season but with a private lake for a 660' ice/snow track and 33 acres - 19 of it pasture and woods I am hoping to get something going for this season. The pole barn is 1/2 finished with heat. I am moving my entire shop and all the tools to this location. I am hoping to get the other 1/2 of the pole barn finished prior to winter for more heated shop space.

My plan for now is to get as much functional for this season and open the place up depending on snow or ice several weekends a month through the winter for anyone wanting to do a bit of testing.

My first priority is to get the Salty Dog Saloon stocked for those after race meetings.

Not sure how long this link will be up I close on the property on the 8th of August

http://www.tourbuzz.net/public/vtour/display/509905?a=1&

GoogleEarth_Image (003).jpg

I would be the first porta potty vendor on here I bet! If I turn it into a pay to play deal I will. for now I want to build it to see if they come!

I need to find a cheap set of timing equipment and a tree

I would be the first porta potty vendor on here I bet! If I turn it into a pay to play deal I will. for now I want to build it to see if they come!

I need to find a cheap set of timing equipment and a tree

Pay to play..why not free. VIPs only.. LOL. You should be TY and it could be TY Head Quarters...LOL

It is going to be free. I bought it and the old lady will not move there so the big log house may be a clubhouse I could never be TY though that is reserved for our beloved Mr. Sled;)!

but it could be the upper mid-west regional field office of TY staffed by the assistant to the secretary of Midwest snow conditions!

It is going to be free. I bought it and the old lady will not move there so the big log house may be a clubhouse I could never be TY though that is reserved for our beloved Mr. Sled;)!

but it could be the upper mid-west regional field office of TY staffed by the assistant to the secretary of Midwest snow conditions!

LMAO.. nice.

We could hold monthly meetings of the he man Polaris - skidoo haters club (can't put cat in there anymore) and work on Hitler films to put on youtube just as long as I am not buckwheat, stinky would be ok!

We could hold monthly meetings of the he man Polaris - skidoo haters club (can't put cat in there anymore) and work on Hitler films to put on youtube just as long as I am not buckwheat, stinky would be ok!

LOL, Yamaha Tim might get offended.. he owns every brand under the sun.

Wow looks nice! Congratulations.
Thanks cannot wait to get started the next week is going to be hell! Moving my shop wont be fun but that's what paid labor is for.

I am working on getting a few pcs of equipment to groom and clear ice for drags. Also looking for timing setup, tree and lights for night running.

Now that is funny I don't care who you are!

Good luck with snow central

I am glad you are only a couple hours away and my new 2 nd best friend! Very nice set up. What city are you closest to?

Back