• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me 2008 NYTRO

1BADS8SS

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
NYTRO
Just purchased this sled, has 1400 miles on it and form what i can see it is in great shape, front end is all straight and nothing seems to be bent. I have always had arctic cats and i rode a nitro last year and loved it. So i had to have one, i have read some things on them so far so i plan on adding the mountain tech skid plate my only concern with that is will i have overheating issues? I also plan to do a full pre season tune up including exhaust doughnuts. Any advice or tips would be great as i am new to the 4 stroke world. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 87

Sounds like a good buy. My best additions were:
block off plate in the tunnel - reduces massive ice build up,
oft relocate - makes steering sweep way easier on body
instrument panel vent kit (moflo) - allows more air to move under the hood and lets the rad grab fresh air while idling
trail tank - huge improvement in fuel range
upgraded skis - i have had great results with split rails, but whatever you do toss the stock ski.

Good luck
MS

I would say rebuild shocks and have them set for your weight an riding, also hygear dual rate center spring kit is huge. Set of c&a or curves and enjoy from there. Im a bigger guy so wrp seat and oft relocate were awesome updates and give it a cushier ride Bd in better riding position.

1400 miles is nothing on an 08 nytro. Not sure you have to do the doughnuts yet if no issues. What do nytro owners think? My only set of problematic -back firing and increased noise was after 10k that was an Apex so not apples to apples I understand.

Last edited:
i have nothing really yet, all i think i here is the rattling of maybe a clamp?

Also just curious on the mountain tech skid plate, as well as a few things such as warm up time? how long do you guys let yours warm up?

Till the red light goes off and I get on.

Tuner skis and a tunnel block-off kit between the tunnel protectors are a must. I have an '08 and can tell you that you need these things. Search under my online name and you will see the block off plate I made and installed in about an hour. No more 80 lbs block of ice at the back of the tunnel anymore!!!
I did the OFT steering relocate which was a good mod and will be doing the EVO ECU reflash and then Grizztracks subframe gusset kit this fall. Do your donuts now so that you don't have to do them during the season.
Also, check all the idler wheels in the rear suspension, they get eaten up fast and need to be replaced with aftermarket kits. for some reason the factory bearings were junk and don't last which is unusual for Yamaha.

Also just curious on the mountain tech skid plate, as well as a few things such as warm up time? how long do you guys let yours warm up?

Sled computer tells you when it is "at safe operating temp" when it shuts off the RED light. I have always gone by that as well.

i have seen it around 150$ ? anybody have any overheating issues from it?

I bought a 2012 last year and I can promise you want the block of plate! Lol one day it took me 20 min or so to clean out the tunnel

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Certain conditions (usually when it's cold and lot of snow on trails) yield massive ice build up under the tunnel. If you hit a big bump and the ice block breaks free it can cause all kinds of Havick between the track and tunnel. I will be putting a piece of aluminum under my tunnel for this season

Back