• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New track offering, 1.3 Arrowhead

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha powered CAT
Who will be the 1st to try this track?!

1.3 lugs, with an interesting take on the studs being angled. It’s a 2 ply fully clipped. Hard to get over the MSRP, but looks interesting and hopefully more durable than the current pre studded offerings. The trailer video for it is actually a sidewinder.

(I don’t think it will ever be as good as real studs)

Brother in law planning to put it on his Doo this summer.

With over 10,000 miles now on my rip2 original track I'm in the market for a new track. I'm defiantly looking at this as a possibility. I don't heavily stud my track as they are more for the safety side for me. I think this Arrowhead track will fill my needs on the safety side of things i.e. braking and the occasional icy corner. I'm not a racer or speed runner (to scared). So, the only question that remains with this new track is longevity. I'm leaning towards being a Guinee pig just not 100% there.

I put an Ice Attack on my 2017 SR Viper two seasons ago and love it. When I need a new track it will be the Ice Arrowhead, unless something better comes along.

There's another post discussing this track as well

Ive seen the Ice Attack xt last for years on an Apex, but not so on my 2017 Winder when I installed one back in 2018. It threw many lugs on it's first season, and as I remember, it was a loud track! Also found that in corners, that track with it's straight side lugs caused the sled to roll instead of sliding a bit. Studs did little, but much better then none at all! Went back to a Rip ll which I studded, and found that to be a much quieter track with better ice traction (Safety wise), and still allowed for a bit of corner slide which I prefer, when compared to too much bite of the square ended tracks!

Nice that they offer it in a 146 anyway. Not much choices for the 146 in that lug height as no rip 2 available in that size. Prestudded isnt my first choice but atleast its 2 ply. I believe all prior versions of prestudded were single ply so maybe they are learning single ply isnt the best choice for power.

Prestudded isnt my first choice but atleast its 2 ply. I believe all prior versions of prestudded were single ply so maybe they are learning single ply isnt the best choice for power.
That was the point I was trying to make in the other post. That all prior versions of pre-studded tracks were single ply but if you wanted a taller lug without a long stud, one ply was your only option. With this one, although you get 2 ply, you don't gain much in lug height. Even with having more 'shorter' lugs on the ground due to different pitch being used in the Arrowhead, I would still opt for a Ripsaw II and studs. If Camso was to release this in a 1.5" where you do actually gain in lug height, then I think I would consider it.

I bet if you measured both the rip2 1.5 and this track by how much snow they could move (number of paddle surfaces engaged, etc) it would be surprising. It won't dig as deep as the rip2 and that may turn into just less traction in the wrong conditions but I think for a packed trail track it is going to be pretty good.

Nice that they offer it in a 146 anyway. Not much choices for the 146 in that lug height as no rip 2 available in that size. Prestudded isnt my first choice but atleast it’s 2 ply. I believe all prior versions of prestudded were single ply so maybe they are learning single ply isnt the best choice for power.
Yes, the fact that this track is a 2 ply, will help sell it to the Higher power sled guys!

I like the looks of the Arrowhead...I just wish they made it in a 144" as when I eventually need to replace my 141" Back Country track on my XTX I plan on installing a 144" track...not a lot of options.

I'd like to see it in a 2.52 drive pitch, that way I wouldn't have to swap out my drivers. Being it is a new track, hopefully they will expand the offerings as time goes by.

Back