• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Newbie.....

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Swung by my dealer last week Wednesday. He had a '17 Sidewinder LTX SE in blue/white, so I bought it.

Don't know much about it. Any input would be appreciated. Coming from Skidoo's.....tried to upload pic.

Welcome to the site. Have a look through the threads in this SideWinder section. Lots of good info to be had. Not a bad idea to check the Viper section as well. Some of that info applies to the Winder also.

welcome...

the sled is basically the arctic 9000 turbo (ive had two and the last one being last years) with a new powerplant and new clutching..that being the x factor and unknown to a degree..once you get it dialed in you will love it...

any q's feel free to fire away!

Yamaha is new to me. So I'll basically creep around on here and see what's what. Lol

Thanks, Joe

Suggestion to put the DuPont sliders on and big wheel kit has already come up. That and I'll make some changes to the carbides and get it on!!!

I would change the skis. don't waste $ on carbides. You wont be happy.

Most are running either Curve XS skis or C&A skis. Myself trying each type on 2 cat 9000 turbo's I felt the Curves held a line a little bit better in the turns and darted a heck of a lot less then the C&A's. Now some that have the C&A's will say they are great also. But there is 1 thing that is for sure: anything is better then the tuners when in anything 'other then' hard pack.

Hmmmm......I have to run the tuners az least once. Just so I can see how bad it is. Lol...
Darting kills me. But it won't be the first time.

I'll look into both options and prepare myself for the inevitable.

Thanks!!!

DuPont sliders, big wheel kit, carbides/skis, anything else or other opinions are always welcome.

I just want to allocate money were it belongs.

DuPont sliders, big wheel kit, carbides/skis, anything else or other opinions are always welcome.

I just want to allocate money were it belongs.

I just made the connection from your name on dootalk. Been reading that thread over there for a few weeks now ( and posted a few times). Most definitely welcome to you, especially with the minor ribbing you are getting over there. Fun thread.

I'm not sure I'm in the majority here, but the list I am doing follows:

1) studs ( with that much power I think I will need it). I ( and many others on here) have considered a pre studded track as well. Many opinions on that here too.
2) taller windshield( don't think you will need this as I believe you got the SE if I recall correct). For some of us LE guys the hood ornament isn't going to cut it.
3) I'm getting a skid/float plate for protection and my time off trail
4) I'm getting a grab bar to help protect that inter cooler
5) powderkeg for me too. The yammie fuel and storage options are not Quite what you are used to with linq
6) handguards
7) the skis and slim jims I mentioned and of course an extra belt.
8) wheel kit

Next year:
Duponts

If I have it after the 5 year warranty:
Turbo dynamics exhaust or similar

Like I said, I may not be in the majority. Poke around and there are topics going about almost all of those things.

I just made the connection from your name on dootalk. Been reading that thread over there for a few weeks now ( and posted a few times). Most definitely welcome to you, especially with the minor ribbing you are getting over there. Fun thread.

I'm not sure I'm in the majority here, but the list I am doing follows:

1) studs ( with that much power I think I will need it). I ( and many others on here) have considered a pre studded track as well. Many opinions on that here too.
2) taller windshield( don't think you will need this as I believe you got the SE if I recall correct). For some of us LE guys the hood ornament isn't going to cut it.
3) I'm getting a skid/float plate for protection and my time off trail
4) I'm getting a grab bar to help protect that inter cooler
5) powderkeg for me too. The yammie fuel and storage options are not Quite what you are used to with linq
6) handguards
7) the skis and slim jims I mentioned and of course an extra belt.
8) wheel kit

Next year:
Duponts

If I have it after the 5 year warranty:
Turbo dynamics exhaust or similar

Like I said, I may not be in the majority. Poke around and there are topics going about almost all of those things.

Dootalk.....lol! Those guys are pretty funny. Or not completely knowledgeable. Take your pick.

Nice list to follow! Thanks.

Other poster is probably right. Let the factory slides wear in a bit.

As far as picks....I have one sled with PowerPoints & plastic backers, other sled has ice cobra.

I definitely want to put the appropriate track on the first time.
Prestudded track will never bite like a studded track. But no pull thoughs with prestudded???? What to do????

Back